Author Topic: Important New Report Explores The Futility Of Wind Power  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Important New Report Explores The Futility Of Wind Power
« on: April 05, 2023, 10:41:54 am »
Important New Report Explores The Futility Of Wind Power
April 01, 2023/ Francis Menton

A reader named Bill Ponton has just produced an important new Report that explores the effects and costs of continuing increases in generation of electricity from wind.  The Report has the title “The Cost of Increasing UK Wind Power Capacity:  A Reality Check.”

Ponton’s Report follows and builds on prior work of Roger Andrews and Ken Gregory that has previously been featured at this site.  The idea of each of these researchers has been to use publicly available data from some jurisdiction as to electricity consumption, and as to electricity generation from each source — natural gas, nuclear, wind, solar, coal, hydro, etc. — to build a spreadsheet that can then be manipulated to investigate what happens on changing various assumptions going forward.  In 2018, Andrews performed such an exercise for California and Germany, using daily data from 2016 and 2017.  In 2021, Gregory performed a similar exercise for the lower 48 U.S. states, this time using hourly data from 2019 and 2020.  Ponton’s Report is now based on data from the UK from 2022, this time at 2.5 minute intervals throughout the year.

Also in the tradition of Andrews and Gregory, Ponton is an unpaid amateur, doing this important work on his own time for the benefit of humanity.  It is truly incredible that, with the vast amounts of government funding available in this area, nobody gets paid for the most important investigations, which are to look into whether the proposed energy system of the future might actually work, and at what cost.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-4-1-important-new-report-explores-the-futility-of-wind-power
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson