Author Topic: Republican-sponsored medical marijuana bill seen as pro-weed lobby’s best chance in Texas  (Read 818 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Head Topics

https://headtopics.com/us/republican-sponsored-medical-marijuana-bill-seen-as-pro-weed-lobby-s-best-chance-in-texas-37402392

Republican-sponsored medical marijuana bill seen as pro-weed lobby’s best chance in Texas this year

Legislation would boost THC levels allowed in medical cannabis from 1 percent to 5... Texas A&M undergraduates Clay Moore (l-r) and Ian McGrath check their research on legal cannabis Friday, April 8, 2022, in College Station. The cannabis plants greenhouse, each containing no more than the legal limit of THC in Texas.

These hemp plants can be grown and sold legally.

Steve Gonzales, Houston Chronicle / Staff photographer A House committee gave unanimous approval last week to a bill that would boost the THC levels allowed in medical marijuana from 1 percent to 5 percent and allow for the Department of State Health Services to add qualifying conditions.

The legislation from Rep. Stephanie Klick, R-Fort Worth, would additionally increase access to the state’s compassionate use program to individuals who suffer from chronic pain. IN-DEPTH: As Texas pushes to ban delta-8, it's squaring off with the drug's biggest proponents: the VFW headtopics.com

Online corbe

Like they said in the 60's (when I was smokin pot), It was a gateway drug to Heroin and Cocaine.  They were right I got strung out on both of them.  I survived.  I toke only in the late afternoons to make some of you more tolerable to my palate.

Regardless, I can score an ounce of primo stuff, last me a month, for <$150.  Legislating medical marijuana at the State level is the Gateway drug for big state, IMHO.

It's not broken, don't fix it!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
   Like they said in the 60's (when I was smokin pot), It was a gateway drug to Heroin and Cocaine.  They were right I got strung out on both of them.  I survived.  I toke only in the late afternoons to make some of you more tolerable to my palate.

Regardless, I can score an ounce of primo stuff, last me a month, for <$150.  Legislating medical marijuana at the State level is the Gateway drug for big state, IMHO.

I am not much on drug legalization @corbe ... But I have a question for ya... This upping the THC content from 1% to 5% (five times more potent?) .... how does that compare to the "primo" stuff you mentioned. One of the arguments against drug legalization was the government allowed controlled sales of lower grade stuff thus an underground still existed because they sold higher potent pot. Thus the argument of stopping drug cartels/gangs/illegal stuff wasn't a valid bone of contention (because folks would still seek stuff that was above grade).

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 02:52:00 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

I gave up smoking pot many yrs ago.  I did learn the benefits of growing my own. Better than buying lbs for $80.  And I never moved to Heroin and Cocaine. Though I did partake in the psychedelics.

Instead, how about just legalizing magic mushrooms?

Online corbe

I understand your point of view @mrpotatohead
   It's a phycology thing, IMHO. 
   I can't explain it.  I've lost many Loved ones through these years to OD and Alcohol.  But if I were to guess, I'd say some just have a stronger will to live, IMHO.

*I never drive stoned/Drunk.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I am not much on drug legalization @corbe ... But I have a question for ya... This upping the THC content from 1% to 5% (five times more potent?) .... how does that compare to the "primo" stuff you mentioned. One of the arguments against drug legalization was the government allowed controlled sales of lower grade stuff thus an underground still existed because they sold higher potent pot. Thus the argument of stopping drug cartels/gangs/illegal stuff wasn't a valid bone of contention (because folks would still seek stuff that was above grade).

@Sighlass

The stuff I purchase is grown in some hydro lab, probably in California or Colorado. It is very GOOD.  A couple of hits off the pipe and I can easily forget about OUR Dire situation.  I'm not even go into how easy is it for me to get, Did I mention they have an unadvertised Drive thru?
    The last thing I want is Abbott and his republicans to get involved, they'll screw it up for sure..