Author Topic: Kasich: Trump Will Never Be President — ‘Normal,’ Traditional Republicans Won’t Vote for Him  (Read 5088 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

I voted for Trump in the 2016 GOP Primary and Presidential Election.

Trumps's 2016 GOP challengers were wet noodle Globalists.

No way in hell would I vote for Hillary Clinton.

I figured there would be an impeachment, no matter who won.  GOP would started impeachment against Hillary the day after the election.  Trump is too ethically-challeneged to not be impeached.

"Regular" Republicans want to vote for a Pro-America President, not a Globalist, Open-Border, Climate Change tool.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 11:57:48 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Idiot

Kasich: Trump Will Never Be President — ‘Normal,’ Traditional Republicans Won’t Vote for Him

Pam Key 4 Apr 2023

Former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports” that “normal people” who are “traditional Republicans” will never vote for former President Donald Trump after his indictment.

Mitchell asked, “You were a governor, congressman, you know this whole landscape. How long is this going to last? What if there’s indictment on indictment? Does he build on the victimization? Does it help him with primary voters?”

Kasich said, “I think in this case, there are a lot of Republicans that say, is this really a legitimate and fair charge? Frankly, no one is above the law, but it will be interesting to find out how has everybody else been treated because a public figure shouldn’t have more scrutiny than anybody else. A lot of Republicans are like this is political. I talked with some folks this morning in the gym. We wish he would go away.”

He continued, “When you look at Georgia, no Republican or Democrat that’s knowledgeable that doesn’t look at the Georgia grand jury or the documents case, which seems to be percolating even more. I think that’s kind of the end of it. I suppose Republicans could put up with this thing. We have to see how the trial goes. You have to see what happens with the press conference today with the prosecutor. How does Trump handle himself today?”

Kasich added, “I suspect that if Georgia comes back on the vote pressure scheme or either the document case, I think that’s going to be too much water for him to talk. But he is like the master of escape. We have to wait and see. Here is what I know: there’s no way the guy will be president. There’s no way these Independent voters and Republicans who are sort of normal people who are the traditional Republicans, let me say that. I don’t want to call anybody abnormal but traditional Republicans. There’s no way in a million years that those people are going to vote for him. So my view is, he will never be president.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/04/kasich-trump-will-never-be-president-normal-traditional-republicans-wont-vote-for-him/
This guy is more brain dead than Fetterman.

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm the "Traditional Republican", a Reagan Republican, the favorite President of my lifetime. I'm not a huge Trump fan though applaud most of his policies during his four years. I'd rather see others less divisive win the nomination BUT if it's Trump vs Biden absolutely I will be voting Trump.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Kamaji

I'm the "Traditional Republican", a Reagan Republican, the favorite President of my lifetime. I'm not a huge Trump fan though applaud most of his policies during his four years. I'd rather see others less divisive win the nomination BUT if it's Trump vs Biden absolutely I will be voting Trump.

:thumbsup:

Offline BellyAche

I would think that "Trump fatigue" will set in and this may lead "regular Republicans" to vote for another candidate, but if Trump becomes the nominee then I imagine many who dislike him will "hold their noses" and vote for for him to avoid another incompetent Biden term. No Republican of any stripe would vote for Biden as a protest vote against Trump. But they may sit the election out, which poses other difficulties for the party.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online LMAO

Trump is going to be tied to any candidate that we put out. This is accepting harsh,  cold reality. They’re gonna have to find a way to walk a fine line on this one.

But that doesn’t mean that Republicans should be going back to accommodating China and assisting jobs being sent overseas, or supporting a wide-open border
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DefiantMassRINO

Trump still has a lane to becoming President again.  He'll speak to the issues that traditional Dem and GOP politicians are ignoring ... the de-industrialization of America and America's descent to become a client state of the Chinese Communist Party.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The problem is that anti-globalist, pro-America church-going regular folks, who don't necessarily think of themselves as Republicans or conservatives, will not vote for someone else.  I really do fear the GOP cannot win a national election anymore.

OTOH Kasich said the same thing in 2016, and if we continue to go in the direction we are going, by the time 2024 rolls around the antipathy toward Biden may be sufficient that whoever gets the nomination will win.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 03:06:32 pm by massadvj »

Offline Idiot

The problem is that anti-globalist, pro-America church-going regular folks, who don't necessarily think of themselves as Republicans or conservatives, will not vote for someone else.  I really do fear the GOP cannot win a national election anymore.

OTOH Kasich said the same thing in 2016, and if we continue to go in the direction we are going, by the time 2024 rolls around the antipathy toward Biden may be sufficient that whoever gets the nomination will win.
I agree....  I still contend the Republicans will never again win a presidential election.  The numbers just don't add up anymore.

Online roamer_1

I agree....  I still contend the Republicans will never again win a presidential election.  The numbers just don't add up anymore.

That can turn on a dime. More people count themselves conservative than you know.

The only real successes come from a true message - True Conservatism rings like a bell, and people come a'running.

That is why Reagan's coalition is so very important.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

With all the current ballot manufacturing taking place that is a given @massadvj
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
With all the current ballot manufacturing taking place that is a given @massadvj

True. Plus all the Republicans are fleeing to the red states, leaving the political situation hopeless in places like Michigan and Wisconsin.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
True. Plus all the Republicans are fleeing to the red states, leaving the political situation hopeless in places like Michigan and Wisconsin.
Divorce is inevitable.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

That can turn on a dime. More people count themselves conservative than you know.

The only real successes come from a true message - True Conservatism rings like a bell, and people come a'running.

That is why Reagan's coalition is so very important.

I think it would have to get so unbearably bad for there to be a change. You would think that the voters of Chicago, after Lori Lightfoot, would have learned. Instead, they voted for somebody farther to the left than  Lightfoot.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

Unfortunately nothing is being done and it is allowed to continue. 9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

I think it would have to get so unbearably bad for there to be a change. You would think that the voters of Chicago, after Lori Lightfoot, would have learned. Instead, they voted for somebody farther to the left than  Lightfoot.

Well Chicago proper is a liberal hell hole. No surprise.
You'd have to get out in the burbs before you will see different.

Offline berdie

Divorce is inevitable.

I fear you are correct. I also fear it will not be an amicable "you go your way, I'll go mine" split up.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I fear you are correct. I also fear it will not be an amicable "you go your way, I'll go mine" split up.
It'd be okay, but the slugs on the left would want more than their half.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Well Chicago proper is a liberal hell hole. No surprise.
You'd have to get out in the burbs before you will see different.

Burbs?   Where do you think the jackals will go after they've stripped the bones clean in the city limits.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Unfortunately, it has to get really, really bad.  Case in point is NYC, which went deep, deep into the toilet before voters finally got enough with the Dinkins (mal)administration and ended up voting for Giuliani.

Online roamer_1

Burbs?   Where do you think the jackals will go after they've stripped the bones clean in the city limits.

Beside the point.
What I am saying is that Chicago proper is a liberal hell hole. You get out in the burbs, and many areas are very Conservative. I grew up in the far south side... Among very Conservative Dutchmen. My grandparents are a good example... Hard core Republicans til the day they died. They didn't start voting for Democrats until AFTER they died.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 09:17:27 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Beside the point.
What I am saying is that Chicago proper is a liberal hell hole. You get out in the burbs, and many areas are very Conservative. I grew up in the far south side... Among very Conservative Dutchmen. My grandparents are a good example... Hard core Republicans til the day they died. They didn't start voting for Democrats until AFTER they died.

Well, my point is that there will be a point in time soon, when the ferals will start feasting on those in the burbs.  Its inevitiable, so though it might be conservative right now, they'll be getting the hell out of Dodge too.....   soon.

Online LMAO

Unfortunately, it has to get really, really bad.  Case in point is NYC, which went deep, deep into the toilet before voters finally got enough with the Dinkins (mal)administration and ended up voting for Giuliani.

That probably is applicable on a national level, also

“MAGA Republican” is working for the Democrats but I don’t believe  that’s a bottomless well for them

I just don’t know how deep that bottom goes

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump might get 95% of republicans, but if he loses independents by 13 points it doesn't matter.  Biden is a weak incumbent.  His favorability has fallen 8 points since election day.  Leave it to republicans to find someone with even worse numbers!    ****sheep****

@cato potatoe

Truth to  tell,I honestly expect Biden to announce he is dropping out of race at the last minute,due to "health conditions".

That way,whatever communist the DNC has picked to run with less time for the RNC and Trump to demonize him/her/undecided,while the Dims can continue to take shots  at Trump.

Anybody have any idea who this will "choose at the last minute"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Normal republicans are now Called "RINO'S" and they represent about 5% of party. Kasich represents this dying branch of the party.

@yodaspock

Only because it would be impolite to call them "Dim-Lites".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!