Author Topic: Kasich: Trump Will Never Be President — ‘Normal,’ Traditional Republicans Won’t Vote for Him  (Read 5070 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The problem is that anti-globalist, pro-America church-going regular folks, who don't necessarily think of themselves as Republicans or conservatives, will not vote for someone else.  I really do fear the GOP cannot win a national election anymore.

OTOH Kasich said the same thing in 2016, and if we continue to go in the direction we are going, by the time 2024 rolls around the antipathy toward Biden may be sufficient that whoever gets the nomination will win.

@massadvj

So does everyone else.

Trump is the only candidate that can  really get people fired up,but how do you beat fraudulent votes?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@massadvj

So does everyone else.

Trump is the only candidate that can  really get people fired up,but how do you beat fraudulent votes?

How do you beat fraudulent votes? With a stick. Until dead.

Orrr...produce more than the other side.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How do you beat fraudulent votes? With a stick. Until dead.

Orrr...produce more than the other side.

@bigheadfred

Gee,why didn't I think of that? It sounds soooo simple!

Sooo,how  do we do it? Do we cheat more than the Dims? Is that even possible?

Offline NavyCanDo

I doubt I'll vote for him in the Primary  but iif Trump wins the nomination there is only one thing that will prevent me from voting for him in the General and that's if he selects the nutcase  Marjorie Talor Green as his VP.  Just can't do it. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I know people here hates him, but he is right
If crooked elections aren't stopped, no Republican will be again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I doubt I'll vote for him in the Primary  but iif Trump wins the nomination there is only one thing that will prevent me from voting for him in the General and that's if he selects the nutcase  Marjorie Talor Green as his VP.  Just can't do it.

I wouldn't give a fig is Clarabell...the clown from Howdy Doody, is on the ticket.

Already see that strategy has worked 'wonders' for the Democrats
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

I wouldn't give a fig is Clarabell...the clown from Howdy Doody, is on the ticket.

Already see that strategy has worked 'wonders' for the Democrats

That is exactly wrong @DCPatriot , and exactly why the Republican party is so full of RINOs... And that is exactly why the Republican party is not able to fight.

THAT is the problem. And it is not fixed by stacking all your chips on a messiah. What fixes it is very selective voting toward adherence to orthodoxy, from the ground up.  PERIOD.

That's the fix, TEA Party style. That is what will build a Conservative political machine that WILL fight.
And that is the ONLY thing. All the rest is bullcrap.

Offline libertybele

That is exactly wrong @DCPatriot , and exactly why the Republican party is so full of RINOs... And that is exactly why the Republican party is not able to fight.

THAT is the problem. And it is not fixed by stacking all your chips on a messiah. What fixes it is very selective voting toward adherence to orthodoxy, from the ground up.  PERIOD.

That's the fix, TEA Party style. That is what will build a Conservative political machine that WILL fight.

Amen. I don't think however that our Republic has time to 'fix' things; it's crumbling at a fast pace. China, Russia and others are gearing up to ensure that our currency is no longer the dominant currency.  Millions have invaded this country, who knows what's next.  With Brandon in office, conservatism is struggling to say the least.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Amen. I don't think however that our Republic has time to 'fix' things; it's crumbling at a fast pace. China, Russia and others are gearing up to ensure that our currency is no longer the dominant currency.  Millions have invaded this country, who knows what's next.  With Brandon in office, conservatism is struggling to say the least.

Half measures in desperation have already proved over and over to be a failure.
We need to stop farting around and build a party around the orthodoxy that is supposed to bind us together.

And that, Conservatism, is the natural enemy of liberalism, because small government and individualism is in Conservatism's very DNA. OF COURSE Conservatives will fight.

Offline libertybele

Half measures in desperation have already proved over and over to be a failure.
We need to stop farting around and build a party around the orthodoxy that is supposed to bind us together.

And that, Conservatism, is the natural enemy of liberalism, because small government and individualism is in Conservatism's very DNA. OF COURSE Conservatives will fight.

You make perfect sense, and I agree, but who is going to lead this new party?? I had given thought that people like Cruz, Hawley, Paul and others should break away and form a conservative party or perhaps join the Constitution Party, but that happening is slim to none.

Maybe it will take the total collapse of the GOP and I don't think that's too far away. 

But, perhaps our entire Republic completely crumbling is not too far away.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

You make perfect sense, and I agree, but who is going to lead this new party?? I had given thought that people like Cruz, Hawley, Paul and others should break away and form a conservative party or perhaps join the Constitution Party, but that happening is slim to none.

Maybe it will take the total collapse of the GOP and I don't think that's too far away. 

But, perhaps our entire Republic completely crumbling is not too far away.  :shrug:

It doesn't have to be a new party.

What would be best is transmitting an orthodoxy to the Republican voters, and getting them to vote their values - their conscience - rather than the absurdity of voting for anything other than the democrat.

There has to be the very same solidarity on the Right that there is on the left. That means NO RINOs. That is FAR more important than keeping the Democrats out of office, because right now, they win anyway, because they have no opposition, and nine times out of ten, RINOs to help advance their agenda.

Liberalism does not win on merit -  It has no merit.
Liberalism wins because it has no opposition.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:42:02 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline berdie

I agree with you @roamer_1 . I was a strong TEA Party participant. But what happened, at least in our chapter, was an influx of other groups and investigations of the leaders from the IRS. So it died. And we were a very small group.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Who is that "us", and what percent of voters are they?

Starting a third party doesn't solve the real problem, which is a lack of conservative consensus among voters.

Offline roamer_1

I agree with you @roamer_1 . I was a strong TEA Party participant. But what happened, at least in our chapter, was an influx of other groups and investigations of the leaders from the IRS. So it died. And we were a very small group.

Sure @berdie ... And a whole lot of players and pretenders too... That is going to happen. We have to keep our eyes on the ball - If someone gets in and proceeds to act against the principles he was elected to defend, or even if he would be merely a dud, either way, vote him back out and vote in someone who WILL toe the line.

We have to stop making it about Democrats.
We have to stop making it about people.
It is about principles, and only about those principles we want pushed forward.

You get MORE of what you vote *FOR*.

Offline roamer_1

Who is that "us", and what percent of voters are they?

Starting a third party doesn't solve the real problem, which is a lack of conservative consensus among voters.

Well, for instance, if you can get the Christian Right to vote en bloc, they are the biggest natural voting bloc there is.

There are more Conservatives outside of the Republican party than in it, and that has been true for a long time.

There may be some movement between the parties, and a lot of movement in independents... But the money shot are the disaffected. Especially with Conservatives - They tend to be working class, and entrepreneurs... Getting them to drop everything and take the time to vote is the trick.

The same with Christians. Their focus is on the eternal, not the political. Getting them to vote en masse means you have to walk the walk.. and you have to fight their fight.

The same with Foreign Policy wonks and surely veterans and DEFCons... How many vets are going to turn out for a man that has taken their oath and has been in battle, and earned medals... The answer is ALL of them.

Right now, in all of those factions, many don't turn out, because just like me, they don't want what Republicans are selling, or don't believe they are really going to fight.

And who said anything about another party?
If the Republicans would vote their conscience and hold fast to the principles that bind us, the party could be reformed... As I said, TEA Party style.

Draw the line, hold the line, and don't settle for less. Believe it or not, THAT is Reagan.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:53:43 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well, for instance, if you can get the Christian Right to vote en bloc, they are the biggest natural voting bloc there is.

There are more Conservatives outside of the Republican party than in it, and that has been true for a long time.

There may be some movement between the parties, and a lot of movement in independents... But the money shot are the disaffected. Especially with Conservatives - They tend to be working class, and entrepreneurs... Getting them to drop everything and take the time to vote is the trick.

The same with Christians. Their focus is on the eternal, not the political. Getting them to vote en masse means you have to walk the walk.. and you have to fight their fight.

The same with Foreign Policy wonks and surely veterans and DEFCons... How many vets are going to turn out for a man that has taken their oath and has been in battle, and earned medals... The answer is ALL of them.

Right now, in all of those factions, many don't turn out, because just like me, they don't want what Republicans are selling, or don't believe they are really going to fight.

And who said anything about another party?
If the Republicans would vote their conscience and hold fast to the principles that bind us, the party could be reformed... As I said, TEA Party style.

I think you are greatly overestimating the degree of agreement among self-described "conservatives", and I also think most of them still vote GOP - at least in the primaries.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think you are greatly overestimating the degree of agreement among self-described "conservatives", and I also think most of them still vote GOP - at least in the primaries.

Christians conservatives also disagree significantly.

Offline roamer_1

Perhaps. But I don't know any. ALL of my inner circle friends, all were stout conservative Republicans... To a man, none of us are Republicans now. Not a one. and none that I know voted for Tumpy... Or Romulus, Or McCain't.

None.

Now I realize I am hard right. I would reckon that I am further to the right than many on this board... But a ton of folks like me have fallen off the right side while the party moved left. More than you know.

You don't fight the left by moving to the left. You fight the left by moving to the Right.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 04:09:25 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Perhaps. But I don't know any. ALL of my inner circle friends, all were stout conservative Republicans... To a man, none of us are Republicans now. Not a one. and none that I know voted for Tumpy... Or Romulus, Or McCain't.

And yet...there were a bunch of people who hadn't voted before who only voted because it was Trump, and they'll stop voting once he's gone.  That's kind of my point.  There are all sorts of people who have the view of "voting is a waste of time", but just because they agree on that general point doesn't mean they actually share the same views.

Now I realize I am hard right. I would reckon that I am further to the right than many on this board... But a ton of folks like me have fallen off the right side while the party moved left. More than you know.  You don't fight the left by moving to the left. You fight the left by moving to the Right.

And how many people in the middle do you lose when you move further to the right?  I mean, just taking the basic concept of supply and demand, you'd think there'd be plenty of conservative candidates moving right to gain all those voters like you, and they'd be winning elections big-time because they'd be tapping into this huge new constituency.  But that just isn't happening.  Senate is tougher, but House races are small/local enough that someone who truly tapped into a major constituency should be winning.

My thought is this -- if we go too far right from the start, we're going to scare off too many people and just never get elected.  So what we need are candidates who are conservative, but not so far right that they're going to scare people off.  Then when those candidates have some success, that starts to pull more people in a conservative direction, and we can gradually shift the electorate.  I just don't see any other way to do that, because the hard core types almost never run and win.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And yet...there were a bunch of people who hadn't voted before who only voted because it was Trump, and they'll stop voting once he's gone.  That's kind of my point.  There are all sorts of people who have the view of "voting is a waste of time", but just because they agree on that general point doesn't mean they actually share the same views.

And how many people in the middle do you lose when you move further to the right?  I mean, just taking the basic concept of supply and demand, you'd think there'd be plenty of conservative candidates moving right to gain all those voters like you, and they'd be winning elections big-time because they'd be tapping into this huge new constituency.  But that just isn't happening.  Senate is tougher, but House races are small/local enough that someone who truly tapped into a major constituency should be winning.

My thought is this -- if we go too far right from the start, we're going to scare off too many people and just never get elected.  So what we need are candidates who are conservative, but not so far right that they're going to scare people off.  Then when those candidates have some success, that starts to pull more people in a conservative direction, and we can gradually shift the electorate.  I just don't see any other way to do that, because the hard core types almost never run and win.

@Maj. Bill Martin

EXCELLENT post!

Online LMAO

Couldn’t have said it better myself

It reminds me what Rush Limbaugh said years after the Republicans sweep in 1994. They assumed that people just automatically agreed with them on everything.

And that’s probably why Ron DeSantis‘s first election was so close, but his second one was a blowout
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 11:06:24 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

It doesn't have to be a new party.

What would be best is transmitting an orthodoxy to the Republican voters, and getting them to vote their values - their conscience - rather than the absurdity of voting for anything other than the democrat.

There has to be the very same solidarity on the Right that there is on the left. That means NO RINOs. That is FAR more important than keeping the Democrats out of office, because right now, they win anyway, because they have no opposition, and nine times out of ten, RINOs to help advance their agenda.

Liberalism does not win on merit -  It has no merit.
Liberalism wins because it has no opposition.

Question: Who determines who is a RINO or not?  I think we need to stop playing these RINO games cause in reality we don't have the numbers to carry and candidate across the finish line.  The reality is this we are not going to get a Ted Cruz type of person elected in the state of Illinois. , So, therefore, a moderate GOP is desired over a Dem.

But if you want to continue to play RINO hunting games go right ahead. Just enjoy losing elections while waiting for the pure "conservative". Now Trump I personally think that Trump is truly a RINO.  I just don't buy his sudden conversion.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Question: Who determines who is a RINO or not?  I think we need to stop playing these RINO games cause in reality we don't have the numbers to carry and candidate across the finish line.  The reality is this we are not going to get a Ted Cruz type of person elected in the state of Illinois. , So, therefore, a moderate GOP is desired over a Dem.

But if you want to continue to play RINO hunting games go right ahead. Just enjoy losing elections while waiting for the pure "conservative". Now Trump I personally think that Trump is truly a RINO.  I just don't buy his sudden conversion.

I don't know WHO determines who is a RINO @kevindavis007  but I know how I conclude someone is in that category.

If he votes with the opposition party more than he does with his own party on CONSERVATIVE legislation he is a RINO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

But not enough. No where NEAR enough. Sacrifice Conservative solidarity for nothing but a dentyne schwing and a twenty-trillion dollar bill...A base so poor they barely dragged his ass across the finish line against the most hated woman there is... And then LOST to a dingbat campaigning in a basement.

And how many people in the middle do you lose when you move further to the right? 

The only times we win at all is from the Right.

I mean, just taking the basic concept of supply and demand, you'd think there'd be plenty of conservative candidates moving right to gain all those voters like you, and they'd be winning elections big-time because they'd be tapping into this huge new constituency.  But that just isn't happening.

SURE it is. every bloody election they ALL move right. They ALL try to don the Conservative mantle. Which is why Conservatives traditionally vote record over promises from the stump.

Every major success for Republicans came from the Right. NOT the middle. Bush won from the middle, barely. Tumpy won from the left, barely. BOTH disguised as, and promising, from the RIGHT. Both unsuccessful regimes.

The only real advances came from the Right. Reagan, the 94 Congress, the TEA Party... ALL were crazy popular, all were grassroots, all overturned government from dog catcher all the way up.

The math ain't that hard. Conservatism works every time it's tried.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 01:23:56 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

And now, a liberal in sheep's clothing walks the halls of power as a Republican, and WILL interfere every time meaningful legislation arises. One or two, and you might be right, But not now, when you can't vote your way out of a wet paper bag in either house.

Liberals are winning because they have no opposition. That opposition is supposed to be y'all.

Ah, the purity hack. In the mean time, y'all can't raise a damn issue without stepping on yourselves because of the 'impure'. Y'all are of no effect. EVERY advancement has come from the RIGHT, with few exceptions.