Author Topic: Kasich: Trump Will Never Be President — ‘Normal,’ Traditional Republicans Won’t Vote for Him  (Read 5176 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: Trump Will Never Be President — ‘Normal,’ Traditional Republicans Won’t Vote for Him

Pam Key 4 Apr 2023

Former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports” that “normal people” who are “traditional Republicans” will never vote for former President Donald Trump after his indictment.

Mitchell asked, “You were a governor, congressman, you know this whole landscape. How long is this going to last? What if there’s indictment on indictment? Does he build on the victimization? Does it help him with primary voters?”

Kasich said, “I think in this case, there are a lot of Republicans that say, is this really a legitimate and fair charge? Frankly, no one is above the law, but it will be interesting to find out how has everybody else been treated because a public figure shouldn’t have more scrutiny than anybody else. A lot of Republicans are like this is political. I talked with some folks this morning in the gym. We wish he would go away.”

He continued, “When you look at Georgia, no Republican or Democrat that’s knowledgeable that doesn’t look at the Georgia grand jury or the documents case, which seems to be percolating even more. I think that’s kind of the end of it. I suppose Republicans could put up with this thing. We have to see how the trial goes. You have to see what happens with the press conference today with the prosecutor. How does Trump handle himself today?”

Kasich added, “I suspect that if Georgia comes back on the vote pressure scheme or either the document case, I think that’s going to be too much water for him to talk. But he is like the master of escape. We have to wait and see. Here is what I know: there’s no way the guy will be president. There’s no way these Independent voters and Republicans who are sort of normal people who are the traditional Republicans, let me say that. I don’t want to call anybody abnormal but traditional Republicans. There’s no way in a million years that those people are going to vote for him. So my view is, he will never be president.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/04/kasich-trump-will-never-be-president-normal-traditional-republicans-wont-vote-for-him/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

GOP Presidential Primary loser, Kasich, says "what?"

The GOP of 2023 is not the same as the GOP of yore.

Bush '43 Admin destroyed the cohesity of the Reagan coalition.

Fiscal conservatives, Constitutional conservatives, Immigration conservatives, and Adam Smith capitalism conservatives were driven from the party as RINO's, 2001-2009.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

When I want astute political commentary, I always look to this idiot son of a mailman.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

I know people here hates him, but he is right
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

When I want astute political commentary, I always look to this idiot son of a mailman.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
A great many normal, traditional Republicans voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020. Or maybe Kasich forgot that.

He'd probably lose a bit of that support in 2024, but his real problem is going to be independents.

Offline cato potatoe

Trump might get 95% of republicans, but if he loses independents by 13 points it doesn't matter.  Biden is a weak incumbent.  His favorability has fallen 8 points since election day.  Leave it to republicans to find someone with even worse numbers!    ****sheep****

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Kasich still exists in punditry circuits?  MSNBC truly has scraped the bottom of the barrel to find a republican.  Leave it to johnny to cut to the chase......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Kasich still exists in punditry circuits?  MSNBC truly has scraped the bottom of the barrel to find a republican.  Leave it to johnny to cut to the chase......

Guys like Kasich are what got Trump elected in the first place.

Offline kevindavis007

Trump might get 95% of republicans, but if he loses independents by 13 points it doesn't matter.  Biden is a weak incumbent.  His favorability has fallen 8 points since election day.  Leave it to republicans to find someone with even worse numbers!    ****sheep****

I'm more worried about Newsom running than Biden
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online yodaspock

Normal republicans are now Called "RINO'S" and they represent about 5% of party. Kasich represents this dying branch of the party.

Offline LMAO

I know people here hates him, but he is right

Yes, he is right. Whether one likes him or not it doesn’t mean he’s wrong.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Yes, he is right. Whether one likes him or not it doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

???? So none of the 80,000,000+ people who originally voted for Trump weren't normal traditional Republicans?

Gee, maybe Johnny will run again and all the normal traditional Republicans will vote for him.  *****rollingeyes*****

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't think he is right.  If he was arguing that Trump can't win independents, that would be correct.  But this whole "ordinary, normal Republicans" won't vote for Trump is just more self-centered crap on his end.  He obviously sees himself as an "ordinary, normal Republican", and he won't vote for Trump.  So, he generalizes that to everyone else.

But it isn't true.  Sure, there are some of us here who won't vote for Trump in the general election if he's the nominee, but we're the anomaly.  He'd still likely get 80% or so of GOP voters no matter what the mailman's kid says.

People believing their own opinions are more popular than they are is kind of a pet peeve, and the Bush/Romney/Kasich wing has been guilty of that since 2016.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

???? So none of the 80,000,000+ people who originally voted for Trump weren't normal traditional Republicans?

Exactly my point.

Offline libertybele

I don't think he is right.  If he was arguing that Trump can't win independents, that would be correct.  But this whole "ordinary, normal Republicans" won't vote for Trump is just more self-centered crap on his end.  He obviously sees himself as an "ordinary, normal Republican", and he won't vote for Trump.  So, he generalizes that to everyone else.

But it isn't true.  Sure, there are some of us here who won't vote for Trump in the general election if he's the nominee, but we're the anomaly.  He'd still likely get 80% or so of GOP voters no matter what the mailman's kid says.

People believing their own opinions are more popular than they are is kind of a pet peeve, and the Bush/Romney/Kasich wing has been guilty of that since 2016.

@Maj. Bill Martin   Why is it that you think that Trump will not get any of the Independent votes?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
cato writes:
"Trump might get 95% of republicans, but if he loses independents by 13 points it doesn't matter.  Biden is a weak incumbent.  His favorability has fallen 8 points since election day."

It doesn't matter if The Party's "incumbent" is weak.

So long as the underground election apparatus is "strong" in the necessary states, ANY Republican presidential candidate will be kept from winning by virtue of the numbers -- those "numbers" being the votes to win in the Electoral College.

Tell me... how long has it been since you saw a dem-communist complaining about the Electoral College?
Why is that...?

Offline libertybele

cato writes:
"Trump might get 95% of republicans, but if he loses independents by 13 points it doesn't matter.  Biden is a weak incumbent.  His favorability has fallen 8 points since election day."

So long as the underground election apparatus is "strong" in the necessary states, ANY Republican presidential candidate will be kept from winning by virtue of the numbers -- those "numbers" being the votes to win in the Electoral College.

Tell me... how long has it been since you saw a dem-communist complaining about the Electoral College?
Why is that...?

Even if Trump does manage to get off on the 34 counts against him, they will steal yet another election.  No doubts.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin   Why is it that you think that Trump will not get any of the Independent votes?

He'll get some, obviously.  But there are just a ton of independents out there who absolutely despise the guy and won't vote for him under any circumstances.

Offline LMAO

Gee, maybe Johnny will run again and all the normal traditional Republicans will vote for him.  *****rollingeyes*****

When I say he’s right, I mean he’s right that Trump won’t be president. Most of the Republicans will probably vote for him. But the swing voters that he desperately needs will not.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

When I say he’s right, I mean he’s right that Trump won’t be president. Most of the Republicans will probably vote for him. But the swing voters that he desperately needs will not.

It's the voter fraud that I'm concerned about.

Secondly, with 34 felony counts against him, I'm not so sure that Trump will be running.

Offline cato potatoe

Why is that...?

Oh, I think the dems would abolish the electoral college after what happened in 2016.  For the time being, all they have is the unenforceable compact between not-enough states. 

You'll please forgive me if I acknowledge what I have seen lately ... and that is lots of claims from the Trump supporters about the 2024 election having already been stolen.  Not only are we saddled with Trump in a binary election, but he has already lost!  Neither of these is a foregone conclusion, and there is plenty of time to nominate a candidate who is not loathed by swing voters and to exploit the election laws in our favor.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 11:14:34 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline LMAO

It's the voter fraud that I'm concerned about.

Secondly, with 34 felony counts against him, I'm not so sure that Trump will be running.

My concern is Trump will drag down ticket Republicans down with him in the general.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I think you forgot the /s.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien