Author Topic: Three Democrats Facing Expulsion From Tennessee Legislature for Aiding the 'Transurrection'  (Read 1662 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The race card ain't worth spit these days.  It is played out. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tennessee Three: Nashville council members pledge to reinstate expelled Rep. Justin Jones
by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter |
April 07, 2023 04:29 PM

A majority of Nashville Metropolitan Council members pledged they would vote to reinstate former state Rep. Justin Jones. Jones and fellow Democratic Rep. Justin Pearson were expelled from the House for a protest in favor of gun control.

At least 23 of the 39-member council either announced on social media or told NBC News that they condemned Thursday's expulsion and would vote to reinstate Jones as early as possible. The council is slated to hold a special meeting on Monday to decide whether to replace or reinstate the expelled state representative.

Several council members told NBC News that hundreds of their constituents had reached out decrying Thursday's decision and demanding Jones's reinstatement.

“They removed the voice from 140,000 people who voted for them," Council member Burkley Allen told the outlet. "It’s a terrible precedent to set, that 'we disagree with you and you’ve disrupted our House proceedings and therefore we’re expelling you.' That’s not the way democracy works.”

The pledge means that Jones will likely be reinstated to his position — a possibility that Republicans made clear they were aware of during the over six-and-a-half-hour-long debate before the vote to expel Jones. Rep. Gino Bulso (R) specifically denounced the notion that the expulsion was undemocratic. He argued that his constituents could vote him back in after the expulsion.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/majority-nashville-council-reinstate-expelled-jones
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

“I basically had a member call me an uppity Negro,” Jones, who is Black, told MSNBC’s Joy Reid
I don't believe that for a moment. These two are trying so hard to be the 21st century's Stokely Carmichael and H. Rap Brown, and they look like clowns.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

I don't believe that for a moment. These two are trying so hard to be the 21st century's Stokely Carmichael and H. Rap Brown, and they look like clowns.

:thumbsup:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"At least 23 of the 39-member council either announced on social media or told NBC News that they condemned Thursday's expulsion and would vote to reinstate Jones as early as possible. The council is slated to hold a special meeting on Monday to decide whether to replace or reinstate the expelled state representative."

Go ahead and do it.
And then... the legislature should expel him AGAIN.
(but they won't)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Day hates me cause I'm Black!! - How many murderers and rapists say the same thing?
BTW, who the hell says "Negro" these days?
Haven't heard the word negro since the Democrats were calling Obama 'the magic negro'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Majority of Nashville Metro Council to vote to reinstate expelled member
by Jared Gans - 04/07/23 5:11 PM ET

A majority of the Nashville Metro Council plans to vote to reinstate former state Rep. Justin Jones (D) after he was expelled Thursday from the state House over his participation in a protest against gun violence on the chamber floor.

At least 22 members of the 40-seat city council have tweeted to declare their support for reappointing Jones to his seat since he was removed by the GOP-dominated state House. The members have denounced the effort from Republicans to oust him and asserted that his constituents want him back to represent them.

NBC News reported that 23 members confirmed online or to the outlet that they will vote to reappoint Jones, while The Tennessean reported that at least 28 members support Jones’s return.

Jones and state Rep. Justin Pearson (D) were kicked out of the House after they participated in a gun violence protest on the House floor in the days following last week’s shooting at a Nashville elementary school where three students and three staff members were killed.

State Rep. Gloria Johnson (D) also participated in the protest, but the House fell short of the votes necessary to remove her.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3939874-majority-of-nashville-metro-council-to-vote-to-reinstate-expelled-member/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Expelled Tennessee lawmaker Justin Jones: I was voted out for being ‘an uppity negro’

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

When I first heard this story, there was no mention of race.  But now after race is injected, facts and substance no longer matter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

The race card ain't worth spit these days.  It is played out.
If everyone's a racist, no one is a racist. The epithet is meaningless.

Online mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11

Did you know that while the circus was occurring in the Tennessee legislature last week, they actually passed a bill that Gov. Lee signed into law that massively increased funding and state requirements for school safety? The so-called "Tennessee three" all voted against it.

11:42 AM · Apr 12, 2023

Offline Kamaji

Greg Price
@greg_price11

Did you know that while the circus was occurring in the Tennessee legislature last week, they actually passed a bill that Gov. Lee signed into law that massively increased funding and state requirements for school safety? The so-called "Tennessee three" all voted against it.

11:42 AM · Apr 12, 2023

Interesting; and so very predictable on their part.