Author Topic: Three Democrats Facing Expulsion From Tennessee Legislature for Aiding the 'Transurrection'  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Kamaji

Three Democrats Facing Expulsion From Tennessee Legislature for Aiding the 'Transurrection'

By streiff
April 03, 2023

Monday, three Tennessee bolsheviks were stripped of their committee assignments and locked out of the Tennessee Capitol because of their leading role in the “Transurrection” that took over the capitol building last Wednesday (WATCH: Left-Wing Protesters Storm TN Capitol, Insurrection Reaches the Legislative Chamber).

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1641513137072648192

State Representatives Gloria Johnson and Justin Jones were notified by the Clerk of the Tennessee House of Representatives that they had been stripped of all committee assignments. A third representative, Justin Pearson (Justin as a first name seems to be a thing amount Tennessee Democrats), had no committee assignments. Their ability to enter the legislative facilities was restricted in a separate action.

Source:  https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/04/03/three-democrats-facing-expulsion-from-tennessee-legislature-for-aiding-the-transurrection-n725822

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Agreed -- good.

Now let's see if the TN Republicans have the intestinal fortitude to see this all the way through to the proper conclusion...

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Agreed -- good.

Now let's see if the TN Republicans have the intestinal fortitude to see this all the way through to the proper conclusion...

My prediction: they won't.
Let it burn.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Let Us In!' – Watch: Troopers Block Protesters at TN State Capitol Ahead of Vote to Expel Dems
Breitbart News

Protesters stormed the Tennessee state capitol in Nashville on Thursday ahead of a vote to expel three Democrat lawmakers accused of leading a gun control protest on the House floor last week, disrupting the session.

In video captured by Odessa Kelly, Tennessee Highway Patrol officers can be seen holding the line against an angry crowd, blocking the entrance to a stairway.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/06/let-us-in-watch-troopers-block-protesters-at-tn-state-capitol-ahead-of-vote-to-expel-dems/
“The Tennessee Three,” as they are being called, include State Representatives Gloria Johnson, Justin Pearson, and Justin Jones.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep Justin Jones has been expelled...2 more to go...
Support the USO

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This feels like the precipice of a civil war though...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This feels like the precipice of a civil war though...
Well, if it is to be, it is to be. The Left has been pushing for this since the '60s.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Rats set the precedent with their Jan 6 reindeer games. Let the heads roll.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tennessee House Expels Democrat Member After Gun Control Protests

The Tennessee House voted Thursday to expel state Rep. Justin Jones (D), one of three Democrats alleged to have joined in with protesters who stormed the legislative chambers in a gun control protest last week.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/04/06/tennessee-house-expels-democrat-member-after-gun-control-protests/
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One down.
Now... kick out the other two, and be done with it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vote to Expel 2nd Democrat TN House Member Fails

The Tennessee House of Representatives voted to expel state Rep. Gloria Johnson (D) Thursday and the vote for expulsion failed to pass.

AWR Hawkins6 Apr 20230
2:18

The Tennessee House of Representatives voted to expel state Rep. Gloria Johnson (D) Thursday and the vote for expulsion failed to pass.

The Tennessean reported that the effort to remove Johnson failed by one vote.

The vote was 65-30 after seven Republican House members voted against removing her.

The seven Republicans were Rep. Jody Barrett (R-Dickson), Rep. Charlie Baum (R-Murfreesboro), Rep. Rush Bricken (R-Tullahoma), Rep. Bryan Richey (R-Maryville), Rep. Lowell Russell (R-Vonore), Rep. Mike Sparks (R-Smyrna) and Rep. Sam Whitson (R-Franklin).

The vote on Johnson came on the same day that the Tennessee House voted to expel Rep. Justin Jones (D) from office.

Breitbart News noted CNN’s report that Jones was removed by a vote of 75-25.

Tennessee House Speaker Cameron Sexton noted that Jones, Johnson, and Rep. Justin Pearson (D) were facing possible expulsion for allegedly “breaking several rules of decorum and procedure on the House floor” during gun control protests last week. The Tennessean reported that Johnson, Jones, and Pearson allegedly used “a bullhorn” as they “led protestors in the galleries in several chants calling for gun reform.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/04/06/vote-to-expel-2nd-democrat-tn-house-member-fails/
Support the USO

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Of course he can just run again right?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elie Mystal
@ElieNYC
·
3m
Tennessee for real just expelled the two Black guys but not the white woman.

Man folks. Man. They just went out there and straight up did the racism.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York
@ByronYork
·
1m
Watching the video that was released--over Democratic objections--it appeared Johnson played a far less active role in the takeover/occupation than did Jones and Pearson.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
These Democrats kicked out in Tennessee will be replaced by interim reps appointed by their respective county commissioners until a special election can be scheduled
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

Elie Mystal
@ElieNYC
·
3m
Tennessee for real just expelled the two Black guys but not the white woman.

Man folks. Man. They just went out there and straight up did the racism.

Stupid Republicans....God they can't do anything right.

Offline dfwgator

Bet all three will be back in the legislature within the week.  And they all will get an official apology.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:52:40 am by dfwgator »

Online LMAO

Bet all three will be back in the legislature within the week.  And they all will get an official apology.

And an award from the city
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Expelled Tennessee lawmaker Justin Jones: I was voted out for being ‘an uppity negro’
by Cheyanne M. Daniels - 04/07/23 9:23 AM ET

Former Rep. Justin Jones, D-Nashville, raises his fist on the floor of the House chamber as he walks to his desk to collect his belongings after being expelled from the legislature on Thursday, April 6, 2023, in Nashville, Tenn. (AP Photo/George Walker IV)

Tennessee state Rep. Justin Jones (D-Nashville) said his race played a role in his expulsion from the state House on Thursday.

“I basically had a member call me an uppity Negro,” Jones, who is Black, told MSNBC’s Joy Reid after the 72-25 vote that expelled him.

“It’s not about me, but it’s about the 78,000 people I represent,” he added, noting his constituents would be disenfranchised because of his expulsion.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3938980-expelled-tennessee-lawmaker-justin-jones-i-was-voted-out-for-being-an-uppity-negro/
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org