Author Topic: What Are The Odds? How The Differences Between Trump And Biden’s Border Rhetoric Took  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Are The Odds? How The Differences Between Trump And Biden’s Border Rhetoric Took Immigration From Calm To Crisis
 Todd Bensman  March 13, 2023  Posted inthe federalist

I was invited to visit two ICE immigration detention facilities in South Texas shortly after Donald Trump’s surprise 2016 win and January inauguration. I had to go to South Texas ICE immigration detention centers to interview the apprehended Afghans from Syria, Somalia and Afghanistan. This was to get intelligence about possible Islamic terrorism.

Pearsall, Texas’ South Texas Processing Center was filled with detainees. It is located about 100 miles from Mexico. It was empty for the first ever time in baseball season, surprise me! So was ICE’s larger, ever-packed-to-capacity Port Isabel center near Brownsville, Texas.

“Where is everyone?” I spoke with the ICE intelligence officers in separate conversations at both facilities.

The surprising result was something similar: Latin Americans heard Trump’s campaign pledges to crackdown on illegal immigration, and they decided to stay home. The majority of those who tried were found in ICE detention cells with no evidence whatsoever. They had all their money for smuggling fees spent on getting over the border. They explained that the ones who were back in their homelands didn’t want Trump to threaten their money and so they stopped coming.

https://www.conservativenewsdaily.net/breaking-news/what-are-the-odds-how-the-differences-between-trump-and-bidens-border-rhetoric-took-immigration-from-calm-to-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson