Author Topic: False, Washington Post, Climate Change Isn’t Making Tornado Seasons Worse  (Read 95 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
False, Washington Post, Climate Change Isn’t Making Tornado Seasons Worse
By Anthony Watts -April 4, 20230

After the recent devastating tornadoes in the Midwest and the southern United States, The Washington Post (WaPo) ran an article suggesting climate change is expanding the tornado season and the area over which tornadoes commonly form. This is false. Data refutes claims that tornadoes are increasing in number or severity, and tornadoes have never been limited solely to regions where they are most common, often referred to as tornado alleys.

In an article by Scott Dance titled Here’s what we know about how climate change is influencing tornadoes, Dance writes:

There is “ample evidence” of increasing tornado risks during less typically stormy seasons, for example, said John Allen, an associate professor of meteorology at Central Michigan University. This winter brought record tornado activity across much of the South.

And new research suggests that as average temperatures rise, the sorts of intense storms that frequently spawn tornadoes are becoming more common outside parts of the Midwest known as “tornado alley.” A recent study forecast that by 2100, the average annual number of supercells — massive, rotating storms known for producing the most severe tornadoes — to hit the eastern United States will increase by 6.6 percent.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/04/false-washington-post-climate-change-isnt-making-tornado-seasons-worse/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson