Author Topic: Renewables and fossil fuels are not comparable in their ability to sustain humanity  (Read 91 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Renewables and fossil fuels are not comparable in their ability to sustain humanity
By Ronald Stein |April 2nd, 2023|30 Comments

The reason for the growth in humanity from 1 to 8 billion in 200 years is simple: fossil fuels are abundant, cheap and efficient to provide reliable and dense energy at scale that can be manufactured into usable products by humanity.  Renewables, on the other hand, cannot manufacture anything for humanity.

Fossil fuels have helped to generate a quality-of-life revolution for a portion of humanity, and people in poverty who have missed out on this blessing rightfully want what the people in the wealthy and developed countries already have.

Recently, Liberty Energy CEO Chris Wright explained in his viral video, dishonest terminology surrounds the climate debate.  One of these terms is “Energy Transition.”  The term’s use gives the impression that there exists a quick, easy, and scalable alternative to eliminate fossil fuel use without serious impact on humanity. The current rhetoric is falsely transitioning from apples to oranges, as they are different.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/04/02/renewables-and-fossil-fuels-are-not-comparable-in-their-ability-to-sustain-humanity/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=renewables-and-fossil-fuels-are-not-comparable-in-their-ability-to-sustain-humanity&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=renewables-and-fossil-fuels-are-not-comparable-in-their-ability-to-sustain-humanity
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson