Author Topic: The Earth’s Green Future is Forked  (Read 95 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Earth’s Green Future is Forked
« on: April 04, 2023, 11:11:39 am »
The Earth’s Green Future is Forked
Posted on April 3, 2023 by curryja 
By Planning Engineer  (Russ Schussler)

Do we care more about keeping CO2 emissions lower in just the western world, or do we want to reduce emissions worldwide?

Currently most of the western world  is seeking collectively to reduce global CO2 emissions and achieve “net zero”. The fatal flaw is that the success of approach hinge on two premises:

The western world will be able to greatly reduce their CO2 outputs through the use of wind, solar and other renewable resources.
The western world will be able to inspire, convince, cajole or command other nations to do the same.

How will the west stop other nations from acquiring “affordable” power  to improve their standard of living? What carrots and sticks might be employed? The World Bank attempts to exercise control through what types of development might be funded or not. The US Energy secretary recently said, “”(W)e want to get to net zero [emissions] by 2050. We are really pushing other countries to do the same… countries are susceptible to peer pressure because no nation wants to be the “outlier.”

https://judithcurry.com/2023/04/03/the-earths-green-future-is-forked/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson