Author Topic: NJ town stunned by 11-year-old girl’s suicide inside school  (Read 614 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
MOUNT HOLLY — The suicide of a grieving and bullied 11-year-old girl who chose to end her life in a middle school restroom is raising familiar questions about the responsibility of schools to protect students from bullying.

The dying sixth grader was found on the afternoon of Feb. 6 at F. W. Holbein School, the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office confirmed to New Jersey 101.5. She was pronounced dead two days later.

While not identified by the school district or law enforcement, an obituary and online tributes have named Felicia LoAlbo-Melendez.

Authorities do not believe foul play was involved but Felicia's mother, as well as a parent of one of her friends, say Felicia, who had recently lost her father, had been bullied.

https://nj1015.com/mount-holly-school-girl-suicide/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

Re: NJ town stunned by 11-year-old girl’s suicide inside school
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:15:37 am »
How sad.  In a school restroom? 

Teachers need to be more in tune with what is going on; certainly it's easy enough to see if a child is being bullied.  Looking the other way or talking amongst themselves when they should be watching over their classrooms, locker rooms, lunch rooms, playgrounds, etc. is perhaps happening more often than not.

I've experienced and seen several incidents where the teacher(s) were not paying attention to the students around them.

I used to volunteer for a couple of years and at the time, there was a teacher, one assistant and a volunteer for most classes and class sizes were not that large.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 01:10:10 am »
Yeah,I am a little bit stunned,myself. 11 year olds,especially girls,rarely commit suicide.

However,the school is NOT to blame. If she was having emotional/mental problems,she should NOT have been going to  public school to start with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 02:13:20 am »

Teachers need to be more in tune with what is going on; certainly it's easy enough to see if a child is being bullied.  Looking the other way or talking amongst themselves when they should be watching over their classrooms, locker rooms, lunch rooms, playgrounds, etc. is perhaps happening more often than not.

I've experienced and seen several incidents where the teacher(s) were not paying attention to the students around them.

I used to volunteer for a couple of years and at the time, there was a teacher, one assistant and a volunteer for most classes and class sizes were not that large.

The thing is, with social media, it’s much harder for outsiders to see the bullying. 

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 02:32:11 am »
MOUNT HOLLY — The suicide of a grieving and bullied 11-year-old girl who chose to end her life in a middle school restroom is raising familiar questions about the responsibility of schools to protect students from bullying.

The dying sixth grader was found on the afternoon of Feb. 6 at F. W. Holbein School, the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office confirmed to New Jersey 101.5. She was pronounced dead two days later.

While not identified by the school district or law enforcement, an obituary and online tributes have named Felicia LoAlbo-Melendez.

Authorities do not believe foul play was involved but Felicia's mother, as well as a parent of one of her friends, say Felicia, who had recently lost her father, had been bullied.

https://nj1015.com/mount-holly-school-girl-suicide/

Good God… that poor girl.  God rest her tortured soul.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 11:34:56 am »

@libertybele

Kinda hard to blame them for not "noticing" thanks like "student on student" attacks or harrassement,when if they DO notice it and  try to take action,they can be fired and WILL get sued by the "free" lawyer the left will send to file a law suit against them.

In many cases today,it is a "damned if you do,and damned if you don't" situation.

The "animals" are now in charge of the zoo.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 11:36:08 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 12:12:33 pm »
11-Year-Old Who Died By Suicide In School Bathroom Recorded Chilling Voice Note Years Before
Cecilia Levine
04/02/2023 11:01 a.m.

An 11-year-old New Jersey middle school student who died by suicide in her school bathroom — just days after losing her dad, an NJ Transit police detective, to cancer — recorded a chilling voice note years before her death.

"Unless you're me, well you're listening to this from the future," Felicia LoAlbo-Melendez can be heard saying in the 2021 voice note, shared by her mom Elaina LoAlbo, to Facebook.

"Say hello to future mom, future dad... future everyone. Never, never never be bad, never give up on your friends, never, ever... be a bully." ...

At a board of education meeting, a lifelong Mount Holly resident and father of one of Felicia's best friends said her daughter had told him Felicia was being bullied.

"I failed to convey this information to the teachers or staff in time for anything to be done," he said. "I had a moral to act and I failed to act, and unfortunately I don’t believe I am alone in this failure." ...
Daily Voice
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org