Author Topic: West Monroe man allegedly threatens to stab two females who refused to purchase drugs from him  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
West Monroe man allegedly threatens to stab two females who refused to purchase drugs from him
by: Aysha Decuir

Posted: Apr 1, 2023 / 02:43 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 1, 2023 / 02:43 PM CDT

WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — On March 30, 2023, at 11:06 PM, the West Monroe Police Department responded to a robbery at Americas Best Value Inn on Thomas Road. When officers arrived at the scene, contact was made with two female victims, who explained that a Black male, later identified as 33-year-old Deavery Washington, tried to rob them.

The victims advised officers they were leaving a friend’s room when Washington tried speaking to them after they entered their vehicle. Washington allegedly was trying to sell them drugs and laid out numerous unknown substances on the hood of their car.

The victims began backing up their vehicle to leave when Washington jumped into an open window on the driver’s side and told the victims he had a handgun. Washington pulled out a screwdriver from his pants and threatened to stab them.

https://www.myarklamiss.com/news/ouachita-parish/west-monroe-man-allegedly-threatens-to-stab-two-females-who-refused-to-purchase-drugs-from-him/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson