Author Topic: Why Is Oklahoma Trying to Be California?  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why Is Oklahoma Trying to Be California?
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:22:42 pm »
Why Is Oklahoma Trying to Be California?
Commentary
March 28, 2023

By Dale Wilcox

As the U.S.-Mexico border continues to be overrun with foreign nationals entering our country illegally, an unlikely state is looking to pass legislation that would allow illegal aliens to obtain driver’s licenses.

Lawmakers in Oklahoma are moving forward with Senate Bill 669, which would give illegal aliens living in the state the ability to get driver’s licenses. The bill is sponsored by Democratic State Senator Michael Brooks-Jimenez, an immigration attorney, and has garnered bipartisan support in the Republican-dominated state legislature.

The bill passed out of committee by one vote late last month, and is expected to come to the floor for a final vote soon. If it passes, Governor Kevin Stitt would have to decide whether to sign or veto the bill. So far, Stitt has not taken a public position on the bill, but his ultimate decision should be an easy one. At a time when the border is under siege due to the malfeasance of the Biden Administration, states should not be taking actions that would encourage and incentivize even more illegal immigration.

https://irli.org/why-is-oklahoma-trying-to-be-california/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Why Is Oklahoma Trying to Be California?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 11:50:17 pm »
Interesting the Californication angle again, eh? But a little research will show that Washington state was the first in 1993 then Utah in 2005and Illinois in 2012, California didn't join the club till 2013 along with Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Vermont and DC the same year. Here's a link for the others.

https://www.ncsl.org/immigration/states-offering-drivers-licenses-to-immigrants

Too bad I never saw anyone write an article about why California was trying to be Washington, but then everything bad that happens in any other state is California's fault....right? Every once in a while it would be nice for people to take responsibility for their own home grown A-holes.