Author Topic: Fact Check: George Soros Responds to Trump Indictment by Claiming He Didn't Fund Alvin Bragg - Is Th  (Read 586 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fact Check: George Soros Responds to Trump Indictment by Claiming He Didn't Fund Alvin Bragg - Is That True?
By Richard Moorhead, The Western Journal
Published March 31, 2023 at 7:15pm

Leftist oligarch George Soros is claiming that he hasn’t funded Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, the prosecutor behind the indictment of former President Donald Trump.

Soros claimed as much in a Friday text sent to Semafor’s Steve Clemons.

The Hungarian-born billionaire emphasized that he doesn’t know Bragg personally.

Advertisement - story continues below

“As for Alvin Bragg … I did not contribute to his campaign and I don’t know him,” he wrote.

“I think some on the right would rather focus on far-fetched conspiracy theories than on the serious charges against the former President.”

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/fact-check-george-soros-responds-trump-indictment-claiming-didnt-fund-alvin-bragg-true
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

And we should believe Soros, why?????
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why should I care?  The voters of Manhattan put Bragg in.  His promise to jail Trump, no matter what, was his primary campaign promise, and in NYC that's enough.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Why should I care?  The voters of Manhattan put Bragg in.  His promise to jail Trump, no matter what, was his primary campaign promise, and in NYC that's enough.

Yes. It makes no difference. He's Whacko=Left, no matter how he got there, and birds-of-a-feather with Soros, regardless.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'You're on camera robbing that store!'

'It wasn't me.'
The Republic is lost.

Offline LadyLiberty

Soros "didn't fund" Bragg the same way that Fauci "didn't fund" the Wuhan Lab. They sent their money to third parties that did the funding.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess it's the old "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." If some group Soros funded, funded a group that funded Bragg, could Soros legitimately weasel out of having funded Bragg?

Offline cato potatoe

The media are framing "Soros DA" as some kind of anti-Semitic trope.  It would take them all of 2 minutes to fact check, but that is too much to ask.

Offline LMAO

Whether he was funded by Soro's or not is less relevant than the fact that he has been disastrously soft on crime

This is how the media distracts.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well,  since George has made an on record statement, it must be true.  He has funded Fat Alvin.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.