Author Topic: The indictment of President Trump: A test of the Republican Party's resolve  (Read 329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The indictment of President Trump: A test of the Republican Party's resolve
By Timothy Jankowski

For several years now, people on the political right have been warning those on the left not to keep poking the bear or they would find out the hard way what happens. Well, so far all that has happened is that, after repeated poking, the bear has learned how to put on a pink tutu and ride a unicycle. Democrats have weighed and measured the Republicans and found them wanting. They now know it is a hollow party of frightened men and women who invoke “principles” to cover for their cowardice and inaction and know they can do whatever they want without fear of retribution.

Republicans weren't always pusilanimous

The indictment of President Trump by the Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg will determine once and for all whether the Republican party is willing to fight to preserve our country, or will tell their friends to “hold them back” as they pretend to throw punches at a much bigger foe.

Republican reaction to this indictment should be swift and it should be substantial. The most immediate step they could take would be to have the House impeach one or more federal judges. Ideally it would be a judge from the Southern District of New York, one friendly with Chuck Schumer, or one of the judges presiding over the January 6th trials. No need to worry about the charges, for as Democrats explained during the first Trump impeachment, “high crimes and misdemeanors” can be whatever Congress decides it is.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/the_indictment_of_president_trump_a_test_of_the_republican_partys_resolve.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Donald Trump is not the Republican Party.

Donald Trump is not America.

Any resources expended to allegedly defend "party" and "country" on behalf of Trump only benefit one person, Donald Trump, not America nor the GOP.

Now is time for MAGA's to choose between jumpimg off the SS Trump or going down with the ship.

There was a Republican Party and America before Trump, and there will be a Republican Party and an America after Trump.

We are bound to "nation" and "party" by shared values, not blind loyalty to a megalomaniac.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Donald Trump is not the Republican Party.

Donald Trump is not America.

Any resources expended to allegedly defend "party" and "country" on behalf of Trump only benefit one person, Donald Trump, not America nor the GOP.

Now is time for MAGA's to choose between jumpimg off the SS Trump or going down with the ship.

There was a Republican Party and America before Trump, and there will be a Republican Party and an America after Trump.

We are bound to "nation" and "party" by shared values, not blind loyalty to a megalomaniac.

That has nothing to do with the abuse of the legal system for political retribution.  That transcends party and platform.  I don't have to be a Trump worshipper to see what's going on and to object to it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That has nothing to do with the abuse of the legal system for political retribution.  That transcends party and platform.  I don't have to be a Trump worshipper to see what's going on and to object to it.

:amen:  :amen:  :amen:  :amen:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

:thumbsup:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.