Author Topic: Marine Corps rejects Pentagon’s pitch for new amphibious ship designs  (Read 64 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps rejects Pentagon’s pitch for new amphibious ship designs
By Megan Eckstein
 Mar 30, 12:21 PM

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon team leading the charge to reduce the cost of amphibious warships has shown the Marine Corps drawings of scaled-down, less expensive ship designs — but a service general told Defense News he won’t accept them.

During a Tuesday hearing with the Senate Armed Services Committee’s sea power panel, Lt. Gen. Karsten Heckl, the deputy commandant for combat development and integration, told lawmakers he will not change his current requirements.

“The trade space will be my requirements. And I’m the requirements officer for the Marine Corps: I am not coming off the requirement any further,” Hekcl said, amid an effort by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to reduce the cost of building San Antonio-class amphibious transport docks, or LPD.

https://www.militarytimes.com/congress/2023/03/30/marine-corps-rejects-pentagons-pitch-for-new-amphibious-ship-designs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson