General Category > Economy/Business

Egg company sees 718% profit surge as prices soar

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sighlass:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 30, 2023, 08:32:01 pm ---They come up here from the ranch 4 dozen at a time... I keep em in the fridge, but they keep fine... And I mostly only eat 2 or 3 for breakfast a day...

As for keeping em, I save cartons. So just transfer from the flat to the cartons. And then they stack in the footprint of one carton, which is nicer on critical refrigerator real estate.

--- End quote ---

I remember a Poultry Science class I took years ago... an egg will keep durn near a year... and quite a long time without refrigeration. 

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on March 31, 2023, 05:09:36 am ---I remember a Poultry Science class I took years ago... an egg will keep durn near a year... and quite a long time without refrigeration.

--- End quote ---

Yep. IF they are not washed they last a dang long time.
Same goes for glassing eggs, to keep em even longer, which also only works if they are unwashed.

catfish1957:
Misleading title.  718% increase as a benchmark can be highly skewed as far as statistically what is going on in real life.

I own zero of this stock, but here are some of the financial details.....

Cal-Maine Foods Ticker Symbol (CALM) on NASDAQ

Market Cap - $3.18 B
EPS - $9.51/sh

Yield- $3.08/sh. or 5.67%. This is hardly price gouging or profiteering.   Hell....short term treasuries have beeb  yielding 3.5 - 4%.

When a company a year earlier is barely breaking even a year earlier 718% (or pennies per share a year ago) this is irrepsonsible financial reporting of the worst kind.

roamer_1:
Yeah... I kinda figgered as much.

I was looking at it like their gross went way up, but the article didn't say a dang thing about expenses, labor,  and interest, which also have skyrocketed. And whatever profit they got is in inflated dollars too.

Mean ol chicken farmers...

Lando Lincoln:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 31, 2023, 07:49:44 am ---Yeah... I kinda figgered as much.

I was looking at it like their gross went way up, but the article didn't say a dang thing about expenses, labor,  and interest, which also have skyrocketed. And whatever profit they got is in inflated dollars too.

Mean ol chicken farmers...

--- End quote ---

And they just pay the birds chicken feed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version