General Category > Economy/Business

Egg company sees 718% profit surge as prices soar

(1/6) > >>

corbe:
Egg company sees 718% profit surge as prices soar

by Samuel Schaffer, Associate News Editor |
March 29, 2023 09:20 PM

The largest egg producer in the United States, Cal-Maine Foods, reported more than doubled revenue and a 718% surge in profits last quarter as egg prices soar.

Reuters reported that the company controls 20% of the U.S. egg market, according to CNN. Cal-Maine’s average price for a dozen eggs in the first quarter of 2022 was $1.61. A year later, that price jumped to $3.30 in the quarter ending on Feb. 25.

The company also sold 1% more eggs than it did a year ago, so its revenue more than doubled to $997.5 million.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/egg-company-sees-718-profit-surge-as-prices-soar

Sighlass:
Getting some chickens here in a few weeks... what do I expect... probable some stray dog will get him a live chicken dinner and I will have egg on my face.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on March 30, 2023, 03:26:05 am ---Getting some chickens here in a few weeks... what do I expect... probable some stray dog will get him a live chicken dinner and I will have egg on my face.

--- End quote ---

Can't do a coop and a run?
Look into a chicken tractor or a chickshaw.
A chicken tractor would be easiest to make and move... A chickshaw is easy to move, but more complicated, and requires a portable electric net.

Either very effective against dogs, and keeps the chickens on fresh ground (you move them every few days)

Sighlass:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 30, 2023, 05:52:48 am ---Can't do a coop and a run?
Look into a chicken tractor or a chickshaw.
A chicken tractor would be easiest to make and move... A chickshaw is easy to move, but more complicated, and requires a portable electric net.

Either very effective against dogs, and keeps the chickens on fresh ground (you move them every few days)

--- End quote ---

@roamer_1

I have an big old Trampoline across the street and thinking about wrapping it for a pen.... It is light enough the boy and me can move it when needed. It was something the wife wanted to try anyhoo, I ain't exactly sold on the idea, but I do like eggs.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on March 30, 2023, 07:43:07 am ---@roamer_1

I have an big old Trampoline across the street and thinking about wrapping it for a pen.... It is light enough the boy and me can move it when needed. It was something the wife wanted to try anyhoo, I ain't exactly sold on the idea, but I do like eggs.

--- End quote ---

@Sighlass

Seems like a lot money spent and work to save 2 bucks a week on eggs. Have you stopped to consider how little  of ANYTHING 2 bucks buys  you these days?

And that is not even considering having to gather and wash the eggs every day. How much  is  your time worth?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version