Author Topic: Biden to veto Republican energy permitting bill, White House says  (Read 379 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden to veto Republican energy permitting bill, White House says
Story by By Kanishka Singh and Katharine Jackson • Yesterday 12:42 PM

By Kanishka Singh, Katharine Jackson and Timothy Gardner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. President Joe Biden would veto a Republican energy legislation package if it were to pass Congress, citing cost increases that the legislation could lead to, the White House said on Monday.

"H.R. 1 (Lower Energy Costs Act) would double the cost of energy efficiency upgrades that families need to reduce household bills and would repeal the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund that will cut energy costs and boost economic development in rural and urban communities across the country," the White House said.

"Therefore, if presented to the president in its current form, he would veto it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-to-veto-republican-energy-permitting-bill-white-house-says/ar-AA198iL2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e74889bd39694f8eb4682b41a79d80c6&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden to veto Republican energy permitting bill, White House says
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 05:39:01 pm »
In other news....  water's wet.

What a dip shit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 06:35:01 pm »
If I needed surgery, I would see a surgeon

If my car needed work, I would take it to a mechanic

If I had a question about stocks, I would visit a broker

If I was curious about energy, I would read publications on the subject or converse with an expert in the field

I would never go to a politician for any of this. Yet, our energy policy is currently being implemented by people who don’t even have the rudimentary idea how it works
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 06:38:24 pm »
Give us some oil wells, pipelines, and refineries, and we'll give you wind turbines, solar panels, and contempt.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 07:30:20 pm »
If I needed surgery, I would see a surgeon

If my car needed work, I would take it to a mechanic

If I had a question about stocks, I would visit a broker

If I was curious about energy, I would read publications on the subject or converse with an expert in the field

I would never go to a politician for any of this. Yet, our energy policy is currently being implemented by people who don’t even have the rudimentary idea how it works

Absolutely correct.

Now, if I wanted to rob banks... then I'd go to a politician.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 07:33:53 pm »
Absolutely correct.

Now, if I wanted to rob banks... then I'd go to a politician.

I had a similar thought.

If I needed a politician, I would buy one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 08:05:39 pm »
I had a similar thought.

If I needed a politician, I would buy one.
:beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 12:09:48 am »
Well the republicans control the purse strings now so they should tell Captain Dementia to go piss up rope when it comes to his budget wet dreams.