Author Topic: Energy Industries Club speech on energy security  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Energy Industries Club speech on energy security
« on: March 28, 2023, 10:43:02 am »
Energy Industries Club speech on energy security
MARCH 26, 2023
By Paul Homewood

h/t It doesn’t add up

This is a very good overview of the state of our current energy policy by Kathryn Porter, who is an energy consultant:

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of speaking at the Energy Industries Club dinner on the subject of energy security…here is a copy of my remarks…

Good evening everyone, I’m delighted to be here for the inaugural evening meeting of the Energy Industries Club.

I feel under some pressure with a dinner-time speech to be entertaining. I was scarred a few years ago at a dinner where an EU Commissioner gave a speech between the starter and main course. He wasn’t brief. By the time the charred remnants of the main course were served even the most die-hard Remainers were dreaming of Brexit!

So we successfully avoided that pitfall, but I still feel the pressure. I might be tempted to throw in the odd joke or witty one-liner. I’ll do my best…

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/03/26/energy-industries-club-speech-on-energy-security/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson