Author Topic: THAT WAS QUICK: DeSantis Donors Reportedly Recommending DeSantis Sit This One Out  (Read 7541 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
  That war will be extremely unpopular by the time November 2024 rolls around.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/03/26/mark_simone_the_bushes_are_running_ron_desantis_campaign_karl_rove_will_be_the_coach_on_the_field.html

Unless it is over by then and has ended in a strategic defeat for Russian.  Which is entirely possible.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 05:17:48 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DefiantMassRINO

The Bush '43 administration is responsible for the fracturing of the Republican coaltion that exists today.

Any Bush stank will be toxic for DeSantis' reputation as a conservative outsider and maverick.

- Bush '43 alienated the Small Government conservatives to introduce Social Security, Part D, for prescriptions ... without allowing the purchaser (American taxpayer) to negotiate prices.

- Bush '43 alienated fiscal conservatives by growing the size of Government and the Debt.

- Bush '43 alienated Constitutional conservatives by lying to circumvent a Congressional Declaration of War for their war of foreign advendture in Iraq.

- Bush '43 alienated America First conservatives by spending trillions to nation build in Afghanistan and Iraq.

- Bush '43 alienated Adam Smith Capitalism conservatives by socializing Big Bank losses without any banksters being held civilly and criminally accountable.

- Bush '43 alienated Educational conservatives by passing the No-Child-Left-Behind Act.

- Bush '43 are responsible for driving conservatives to the Tea Party, and subsequently to the Freedom Caucus.

- Bush '43 alienated Immigration conservatives by not securing the Southern Boundary of the US.

... and, no, Browny did not do a good job after Hurricane Katrina ... just like Bush '41 let Florida languish after Hurricane Andrew.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 05:35:42 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
RDS is going to need a legit opening to compete against Trump. He started to get that a few months back when Trump was seriously stumbling with he comments and news coverage.

Now with Not-So-Little Alvin trying to persecute prosecute Trump sympathy has swung to the Trump side even if the same kind of dumb antics keep happening. The Rats trying so hard to keep Trump off the ballot with continual attacks might kill any shot that RDS has to gain traction.

And that might be what the opposition wants, because they feel Trump is beatable a second time.
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

DeSantis has to go through, around, over, and under Trump to prove to the base that DeSantis is ready to be the GOP Nominee.

For too long, Dem elites and GOP elites have had an aversion to doing the hard work necessary to cultivate grass roots organizations to produce better candidates and to turn out votes in areas where they are the minority party.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Just because the Bushes prefer DeSantis to Trump doesn't make DeSantis a globalist, any more than us backing Stalin over Hitler made us communists.

Trump and DeSantis could have identical views on policy, and many people still would choose to support DeSantis because of the personality and character issues.

I agree this is DeSantis best strategy. I am Trump without the drama. The more he is embraced by neocons, the harder it will be to pull off the balancing act. Most of his money will come from deep state  interests.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

DeSantis has to go through, around, over, and under Trump to prove to the base that DeSantis is ready to be the GOP Nominee.

For too long, Dem elites and GOP elites have had an aversion to doing the hard work necessary to cultivate grass roots organizations to produce better candidates and to turn out votes in areas where they are the minority party.

Those of us who don't support Trump are just as much grassroots as are those who do.

I think DeSantis should play the age card at some point as well.   I really don't think the American people in general prefer another 80+ year old in the White House.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 07:31:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Kamaji

Those of us who don't support Trump are just as much grassroots as are those who do.

I think DeSantis should play the age card at some point as well.   I really don't think the American people in general prefer another 80+ year old in the White House.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

Man oh man....you guys and your Trump hatred back out in the open.

Its comical, really.  A belly laugh!  Like the past never even happened.

For 4 years, you've tucked your tails and hid.  Why? 

Hilarious!

Who hid, @DCPatriot ?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Who hid, @DCPatriot ?

LOL!  @roamer_1   Certainly, not you!

Not @catfish1957 either.

But they're coming outta the workwork...like the cowardly roaches they are!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

This will put a nail in Ron DeSantis coffin very quickly if he fails to respond decisively. Expect more and more attacks suggesting the Bushes are behind RDS. This will kill him very quickly. RDS walking back his Ukraine comments led me to believe someone (Karl Rove?) was whispering in his ear that he should position himself as more in support of Ukraine.  Big mistake. That war will be extremely unpopular by the time November 2024 rolls around.

I don't think he walked back anything on Ukraine.
Clarified, perhaps. His position is much like mine.
It is criminal.
It is unfortunate.
It is sad...

But it ain't our business.
Foreign entanglements and all that..

Online roamer_1

Not @catfish1957 either.

But they're coming outta the workwork...like the cowardly roaches they are!    :laugh:

I don't see that... You must not have been paying attention. Folks getting a belly full of Tump has been happening all along. I don't see many that I didn't know were against him from a while back.

But I expect many more will jump off the bandwagon as Tumpy reminds them of what an a****** he is.
Which he is doing in spades.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I don't think he walked back anything on Ukraine.
Clarified, perhaps. His position is much like mine.
It is criminal.
It is unfortunate.
It is sad...

But it ain't our business.
Foreign entanglements and all that..

Personally, I don't think he walked it back, either.  But he created the perception that he walked it back, and in politics perception is everything. Why did he find it necessary to say anything more at all? I will tell you why. Because the neocons were put off by his original comments, and so he had to soften them somewhat.  Even if RDS is NOT a puppet of the Bushes -- I seriously doubt he is -- if the perception is there, then he is toast. And Trump can do a lot to advance that narrative.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass
Big freaking deal.

Or are you one of those people who  think homosexuals don't deserve the same rights as hetrosexuals in America?

No, I don't think homosexuals should have extra made-up new rights, set up as special and given preferential treatment.  You know that, we have discussed it a few times already. Whenever the subject comes up you usually throw out that same excuse (kinda like Rude Orange Rich Man). It isn't "same rights", it is new exceptions for perversion and we all have seen the slippery slope it has caused.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Idiot

Not @catfish1957 either.

Not really.  I think people are just sick of Trump....me being one.

Online roamer_1

Personally, I don't think he walked it back, either.  But he created the perception that he walked it back, and in politics perception is everything. Why did he find it necessary to say anything more at all? I will tell you why. Because the neocons were put off by his original comments, and so he had to soften them somewhat.  Even if RDS is NOT a puppet of the Bushes -- I seriously doubt he is -- if the perception is there, then he is toast. And Trump can do a lot to advance that narrative.

I get that. And it's good thinking...  :beer:

Online roamer_1

Not really.  I think people are just sick of Trump....me being one.

Sure Tater.. But I would not consider your position new anymore - Not with you anyway... You had enough a while back... months, at least.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Victor wrote:
"Expect more and more attacks suggesting the Bushes are behind RDS."

Hmmm...
Given that Mr. DeSantis is the ONLY possible challenger to Mr. Trump with a chance of winning the nomination, I'd reckon that the assumption that the Bushes would line up on his side to be a pretty good guess...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Victor wrote:
"Expect more and more attacks suggesting the Bushes are behind RDS."

Hmmm...
Given that Mr. DeSantis is the ONLY possible challenger to Mr. Trump with a chance of winning the nomination, I'd reckon that the assumption that the Bushes would line up on his side to be a pretty good guess...

RDS will get help from ALL quarters within the GOP that oppose Trump.  That is a fairly large group, but not a majority within the party. To get to more than 50 percent, he will have to peel off some Trump support. To do that, he has to distance himself from the likes of the Bushes and be seen as basically Trump without the age and drama.  That will be a hard sell if all of his money is coming from globalist neocons.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 10:55:01 pm by massadvj »

Online roamer_1

RDS will get help from ALL quarters within the GOP that oppose Trump.  That is a fairly large group, but not a majority within the party. To get to more than 50 percent, he will have to peel off some Trump support. To do that, he has to distance himself from the likes of the Bushes and be seen as basically Trump without the age and drama.  That will be a hard sell if all of his money is coming from globalist neocons.

Nah. He's NOT Tump. He's TEA Party. If he stays in that, Katie bar the door.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lol

You’re the one that made the claim that Ted Cruz, with no evidence whatsoever, was a closeted homosexual that couldn’t get elected president as a result

Seriously, do you ever read your own posts?

@LMAO

Logic ain't your strong point,is it?

BTW,correct me if I  am wrong,but doesn't Cruz share a condo with  a male "friend"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Big damned difference in rights and exposing us to their lifestyle 24/7 in the media like they are the normal main stream.

And you damned know it.

@catfish1957

Yes,I do.

You can't blame them for wanting  to be accepted,but that does NOT mean we HAVE to accept their lifestyles.

Nobody  gets everything they want.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sure Tater.. But I would not consider your position new anymore - Not with you anyway... You had enough a while back... months, at least.
Some lead. Some follow. Some never change from the Train wreck
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@LMAO
BTW,correct me if I  am wrong,but doesn't Cruz share a condo with  a male "friend"?

@sneakypete

Seriously?  Isn't this kind of beneath you?

Offline Idiot

@sneakypete

Seriously?  Isn't this kind of beneath you?
@Maj. Bill Martin that would be a NO. happy77