Author Topic: THAT WAS QUICK: DeSantis Donors Reportedly Recommending DeSantis Sit This One Out  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article above:
"Ron DeSantis may be missing his moment..."

Nope.
2024 IS NOT "his moment".

By sitting this out, Mr. DeSantis strengthens his position to run in 2028.
He should finish out his second term as governor (he's term limited anyway, right?), continuing to push Florida as "deep into the red" as he can. Try to make it "the reddest state" of 'em all.

And then when he leaves office in January 2027, he can immediately shift his energies into running for the presidency in 2028. With eight years of a proven record to back him up.

Offline LMAO

From the article above:

Nope.

He should finish out his second term as governor (he's term limited anyway, right?), continuing to push Florida as "deep into the red" as he can. Try to make it "the reddest state" of 'em all.

And then when he leaves office in January 2027, he can immediately shift his energies into running for the presidency in 2028. With eight years of a proven record to back him up.

This is the position many of us have taken. I don’t see the country improving under Biden or any Democrat by 2028 so it’s best he wait till then
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

It's bullcrap.
We're a YEAR away from the starting line.
I am just gonna have to turn the damn thing off if this keeps up.

You and me both!! :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No worries.  As I type, Karl Rove is working furiously on a surprise reversal of polling trends.

Take this to the bank.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
There will be plenty of money for RDS if he decides to run. Between Karl Rove's organization, Club for Growth and the establishment GOP he can raise what he needs.  The question is whether DJT us beatable.  Until Trump starts polling above 50 percent consistently, I think he is.

Offline Idiot

DeSantis' donors have spoken.  He would be foolish to continue on.  A conservative is knocked out even before he announces, yet Trump is surrounding himself with RINO's.  Perhaps the left wanted DeSantis gone and made a 'deal' with the unhinged orange one.

Trump IMO is finished.  I can't and won't vote for him; not in the primary not in the general.  I'll be voting down ballot.
If DeSantis decides not to run...fine.  I WILL NOT VOTE FOR DONALD TRUMP!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I still think  that DeSantis should run as Trumps running mate. That way he would get 4 years to learn the ropes about being a President,and could hit the ground running for President as soon as that 4 years was up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

Expect them to move onto Haley.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well at least the Trump v. DeSantis has come to an end.

@libertybele

MAYBE. It is not officially over yet. AFAIK,DeSantis hasn't been heard from yet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
'16 primary was case study on a mafia political like hit job.  I got to hand to Trump and his team....  Their expertise in destroying a politcal opponent  is par to none.  My guess is no one including DeSantis wants to go through that.   Cruz is a good example.  After '16 he'll never be a credible POTUS candidate.  Even here in Texas, you'd be surprised how many MAGA(t)s still call Cruz Lyin' Ted.    You see the same at TOS, even 7 years later.

@catfish1957

A good example of what,that a closeted homo can't get elected President yet?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Looks to me like the spin machines are running full speed to assure Biden the easier candidate...

(We heard this rumor last week that the big money behind DeSantis for 2024 were abandoning ship.)

Rumor from NBC...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@catfish1957

A good example of what,that a closeted homo can't get elected President yet?

Cruz wasn't waving the gay flag and recently praising gays a few weeks ago at the Log Cabin meeting. You can guess who did.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
From the article above:

Nope.

How so?  Trump says that DeSantis is a GOPe RINO wholly owned by globalists, and perhaps a pedophile as well.  According to Trump, DeSantis is not even a good governor, and would actually be bad for the country.  And if that is what Trump is telling his supporters, those folks aren't going to vote for DeSantis in 2028 anyway.  They hate the guy now for those (alleged) reasons, and it would be the same in 2028.

At least if DeSantis runs now, he'll be the consensus "not-Trump" in the race.  In 2028, all those Trumpers would be against him anyway and there'd be a bunch of other candidates he'd have to beat.  Might as well strike while the iron is hot, and he could always run again in 2028 if he loses.  Remember Reagan lost in 1976, but came back in 1980 and won.  No reason DeSantis can't run in 2024, and if he loses, again in 2028.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 05:04:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Cruz wasn't waving the gay flag and recently praising gays a few weeks ago at the Log Cabin meeting. You can guess who did.

@Sighlass l

Big freaking deal.

Or are you one of those people who  think homosexuals don't deserve the same rights as hetrosexuals in America?

Offline LMAO

@Sighlass l

Big freaking deal.

Or are you one of those people who  think homosexuals don't deserve the same rights as hetrosexuals in America?

Lol

You’re the one that made the claim that Ted Cruz, with no evidence whatsoever, was a closeted homosexual that couldn’t get elected president as a result

Seriously, do you ever read your own posts?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online kevindavis007

How so?  Trump says that DeSantis is a OPe RINO wholly owned by globalists, and perhaps a pedophile as well.  According to Trump, DeSantis is not even a good governor, and would actually be bad for the country.  And if that is what Trump is telling his supporters, those folks aren't going to vote for DeSantis in 2028 anyway.  They hate the guy now for those (alleged) reasons, and it would be the same in 2028.

At least if DeSantis runs now, he'll be the consensus "not-Trump" in the race.  In 2028, all those Trumpers would be against him anyway and there'd be a bunch of other candidates he'd have to beat.  Might as well strike while the iron is hot, and he could always run again in 2028 if he loses.  Remember Reagan lost in 1976, but came back in 1980 and won.  No reason DeSantis can't run in 2024, and if he loses, again in 2028.

Just a reminder this isn't Trumps party.  If so then I want no part of it.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Sighlass l

Big freaking deal.

Big damned difference in rights and exposing us to their lifestyle 24/7 in the media like they are the normal main stream.

And you damned know it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

He makes us all so proud every time he opens his mouth.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Man oh man....you guys and your Trump hatred back out in the open.

Its comical, really.  A belly laugh!  Like the past never even happened.

For 4 years, you've tucked your tails and hid.  Why? 

Hilarious!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, the donors dictate what GOP party members are to do?  I think not.  I am not the donors' hired help.  They can get Mitch McConnell to shovel their horse stables.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Man oh man....you guys and your Trump hatred back out in the open.

Its comical, really.  A belly laugh!  Like the past never even happened.

For 4 years, you've tucked your tails and hid.  Why? 

Hilarious!

Nope....

I bitched about Trump's deficit spending the whole time.  Now he's on the campaign stump selling his idea of beautiful new Trump cities built on Federal lands, and based on my economic knowldege this might put another $10T expense on to the deficit.

So, just how is this guy not more like FDR than Reagan?  Don't we taxpayers need and deserve some fiscal repsonsibility for a change?

No hatred. Just tell the guy to retire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This will put a nail in Ron DeSantis coffin very quickly if he fails to respond decisively. Expect more and more attacks suggesting the Bushes are behind RDS. This will kill him very quickly. RDS walking back his Ukraine comments led me to believe someone (Karl Rove?) was whispering in his ear that he should position himself as more in support of Ukraine.  Big mistake. That war will be extremely unpopular by the time November 2024 rolls around.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/03/26/mark_simone_the_bushes_are_running_ron_desantis_campaign_karl_rove_will_be_the_coach_on_the_field.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 03:50:36 pm by massadvj »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
This will put a nail in Ron DeSantis coffin very quickly if he fails to respond quickly and decisively. Expect more and more attacks suggesting the Bushes are behind RDS. This will kill him very quickly. RDS walking back his Ukraine comments led me to believe someone (Karl Rove?) was whispering in his ear that he should position himself as more in support of Ukraine.  Big mistake. That war will be extremely unpopular by the time November 2024 rolls around.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/03/26/mark_simone_the_bushes_are_running_ron_desantis_campaign_karl_rove_will_be_the_coach_on_the_field.html

Adding Bush and Company to the equation is a strategic blunder of epic proportions.  I thought RDS had more political savy than that.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This will put a nail in Ron DeSantis coffin very quickly if he fails to respond decisively. Expect more and more attacks suggesting the Bushes are behind RDS. This will kill him very quickly. RDS walking back his Ukraine comments led me to believe someone (Karl Rove?) was whispering in his ear that he should position himself as more in support of Ukraine.  Big mistake. That war will be extremely unpopular by the time November 2024 rolls around.

Just because the Bushes prefer DeSantis to Trump doesn't make DeSantis a globalist, any more than us backing Stalin over Hitler made us communists.

Trump and DeSantis could have identical views on policy, and many people still would choose to support DeSantis because of the personality and character issues.