General Category > Elections 2024

THAT WAS QUICK: DeSantis Donors Reportedly Recommending DeSantis Sit This One Out

<< < (2/38) > >>

libertybele:
Ok, well, DeSantis will remain our governor that's a plus.  But we'll have to suffer the consequences of another 4 years with Brandon or whomever the left inserts in the oval office. That scares the heck out of me.

LMAO:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 26, 2023, 07:53:49 pm ---Personally, I would prefer that he sit out 2024 so that Trump can flame out on his ownsome lonesome without taking down a potentially strong candidate like DeSantis, which is what will almost certainly happen if DeSantis runs in 2024.  Trump seems perfectly happy to take the entire GOP down with him if he can't have the nomination.

Don't get sucked into the Orange Shitshow.

Instead, those of us who care about the future of this country should be focusing on the House, the Senate, and state races, including most particularly races for Secretary of State - the office that typically controls the count in elections.

DeSantis, will only become more electable - or prove himself not up to the challenge - by honing his skills and his political capital in the Florida governorship.  He will get seriously damaged if he gets too close to the Trump flameout.

--- End quote ---

2024 could be like 2020 where, even though Trump lost the presidential election, Republicans did make gains that prevented 2020 from being a total blue wave

That’s why, even though we may not get the White House in 2024, I don’t see why we can’t win the Senate and even make gains in the House

No more Trump endorsed candidates, though

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: LMAO on March 26, 2023, 07:59:30 pm ---2024 could be like 2020 where, even though Trump lost the presidential election, Republicans did make gains that prevented 2020 from being a total blue wave

That’s why, even though we may not get the White House in 2024, I don’t see why we can’t win the Senate and even make gains in the House

No more Trump endorsed candidates, though

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:

Free Vulcan:
If true it could be a problem. No money, no campaign. But, DeSantis really has until the end of July IMO to announce for Prez. Till then he can engage Trump and snipe at the crap show to see if he gains traction as Trump fouls his nest.

I don't see Trump being able to win a general election. Four more years of Sniffy could do us in. We may need DeSantis to run to at least have a chance of stopping that.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 26, 2023, 08:05:15 pm ---If true it could be a problem. No money, no campaign. But, DeSantis really has until the end of July IMO to announce for Prez. Till then he can engage Trump and snipe at the crap show to see if he gains traction as Trump fouls his nest.

I don't see Trump being able to win a general election. Four more years of Sniffy could do us in. We may need DeSantis to run to at least have a chance of stopping that.

--- End quote ---

Good points, and I hope DeSantis and other good conservatives don't go within a 100 miles of the convention next year. Or at worst sit on their hands.   '28 strategy  needs to be focused on distancing  from this disaster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version