General Category > Elections 2024

THAT WAS QUICK: DeSantis Donors Reportedly Recommending DeSantis Sit This One Out

<< < (3/38) > >>

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 26, 2023, 08:05:15 pm ---If true it could be a problem. No money, no campaign. But, DeSantis really has until the end of July IMO to announce for Prez. Till then he can engage Trump and snipe at the crap show to see if he gains traction as Trump fouls his nest.

I don't see Trump being able to win a general election. Four more years of Sniffy could do us in. We may need DeSantis to run to at least have a chance of stopping that.

--- End quote ---

DeSantis' donors have spoken.  He would be foolish to continue on.  A conservative is knocked out even before he announces, yet Trump is surrounding himself with RINO's.  Perhaps the left wanted DeSantis gone and made a 'deal' with the unhinged orange one.

Trump IMO is finished.  I can't and won't vote for him; not in the primary not in the general.  I'll be voting down ballot.

andy58-in-nh:
The Trumpway Pundit is heard from.

Unverifiable NBC propaganda repeated by a Trump Cult organ is not news.

The Democrats, who are crazy but not stupid, fear DeSantis because he actually has a chance to win the four key states that Donald Trump has no chance at all of winning.

Largely because of California, the Electoral College is stacked heavily against any Republican.

Without electoral college victories in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin - all of them - no Republican can win, absent wins in Nevada and New Hampshire or else, Michigan, and good luck with that. Trump has no realistic chance in any of these states because too many of their likely voters will never vote for him, no matter how many of his acolytes adore him.   

Current political reality is ugly for traditional, conservative Americans right now. It will take a new and fresh face to have any chance, at all.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will vote for him. But he won't win the general election, because I am in the minority, and I refuse to kid myself any longer about that.   

And if Biden wins, America as we knew and loved her is over. No joke.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: andy58-in-nh on March 26, 2023, 08:15:56 pm ---The Trumpway Pundit is heard from.

Unverifiable NBC propaganda repeated by a Trump Cult organ is not news.

The Democrats, who are crazy but not stupid, fear DeSantis because he actually has a chance to win the four key states that Donald Trump has no chance at all of winning.

Largely because of California, the Electoral College is stacked heavily against any Republican.

Without electoral college victories in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin - all of them - no Republican can win, absent wins in Nevada and New Hampshire or else, Michigan, and good luck with that. Trump has no realistic chance in any of these states because too many of their likely voters will never vote for him, no matter how many of his acolytes adore him.   

Current political reality is ugly for traditional, conservative Americans right now. It will take a new and fresh face to have any chance, at all.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will vote for him. But he won't win the general election, because I am in the minority, and I refuse to kid myself any longer about that.   

And if Biden wins, America as we knew and loved her is over. No joke.

--- End quote ---

IMO Trump made a deal with the left to take DeSantis out -- just like Cruz. 

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 26, 2023, 08:12:51 pm ---DeSantis' donors have spoken.  He would be foolish to continue on.  A conservative is knocked out even before he announces, yet Trump is surrounding himself with RINO's.  Perhaps the left wanted DeSantis gone and made a 'deal' with the unhinged orange one.

Trump IMO is finished.  I can't and won't vote for him; not in the primary not in the general.  I'll be voting down ballot.

--- End quote ---

What made Trump successfull in '16 , was he was able to pull this garbage off gradually....  One opponent at a time. 

He doubled down way too early this time, and will pay the price.   

Votng?  Same here.  I just can't see myself in good conscious voting for someone who  is a spend happy modern day FDR.  He calls other RINOS.   What irony....   he's he ultimate one.

LMAO:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 26, 2023, 08:18:13 pm ---What made Trump successfull in '16 , was he was able to pull this garbage off gradually....  One opponent at a time. 

He doubled down way too early this time, and will pay the price.   

Votng?  Same here.  I just can't see myself in good conscious voting for someone who  is a spend happy modern day FDR.  He calls other RINOS.   What irony....   he's he ultimate one.

--- End quote ---

Another thing that worked to Donald Trump’s favor in 2016 was it was an open seat versus running against an incumbent. Plus, he ran against Hillary Clinton, probably the most disliked person and politics. He and Hillary Clinton both were viewed very negatively by the electorate at large

The one thing that Donald Trump did have over Hillary Clinton was Hillary Clinton had a lifetime of corruption in politics. It would take a reincarnation for Donald Trump to match Hillary Clinton in that department.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version