Author Topic: Second attack on US military in Syria following Pentagon’s airstrikes  (Read 91 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Second attack on US military in Syria following Pentagon’s airstrikes
The US military said it struck Iranian-affiliated targets in eastern Syria in response to an earlier drone attack.

Adam Lucente

March 24, 2023
The US military sustained a rocket attack on a compound in Syria on Friday following the airstrikes that Washington launched on Thursday in the war-ravaged country. The US strikes came in response to an "Iranian origin" drone assault that killed one US contractor.

The US Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement that 10 rockets targeted coalition forces at the Green Village compound in northeast Syria at around 8:05 a.m. local time (2:05 a.m. ET). There were no injuries to US or coalition personnel. One rocket struck nearly 5 kilometers (3 miles) from the base and resulted in injuries to civilians, according to CENTCOM.

The Associated Press also reported that one US service member was injured in another rocket attack at the Conoco energy plant in northeast Syria.

The rocket attacks came less than 12 hours after US President Joe Biden authorized airstrikes in Syria after a US contractor was killed in a drone attack in Syria.

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2023/03/second-attack-us-military-syria-following-pentagons-airstrikes#ixzz7x59tH8B2
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson