Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo blasts Manhattan DA Bragg's Trump probe: 'I think it's all politics'  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
POLITICS Published March 25, 2023 6:58pm EDT
Andrew Cuomo blasts Manhattan DA Bragg's Trump probe: 'I think it's all politics'
Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he expects Trump to be indicted next week
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

Former John Boehner aide Terry Holt and Democratic strategist Al Mottur discuss the Parents Bill of Rights Act, Trump's possible indictment impacting 2024 outcomes and Ron DeSantis' foreign policy comments.

Former Democratic New York Governor Andrew Cuomo criticized Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg over his focus on potentially prosecuting former President Donald Trump and suggested the move is politically motivated.

"I don’t understand why Bragg is putting such emphasis on this case," the former governor told WABC Radio on Friday night.

"A person breaks the law I get it, but on the state side this is a misdemeanor case. It’s really a federal case because he needs it to be a campaign finance fraud case which is a federal case and that’s what Bragg is going to have to do to get a felony out of this."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/andrew-cuomo-blasts-manhattan-da-braggs-trump-probe-think-all-politics
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He didn't make the statement because he believes in the rule of law; he doesn't.  So, he must be schmoozing republicans for some reason.  Is something changing in NY politics?  Is Soros on their ass*s about this "indictment?":shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He didn't make the statement because he believes in the rule of law; he doesn't.  So, he must be schmoozing republicans for some reason.  Is something changing in NY politics?  Is Soros on their ass*s about this "indictment?":shrug:

I think he does, within some limits.  Don't forget, he was basically forced out of office because of what he claimed was a politically-motivated prosecution.  It's pretty easy to see that if a DA stretches the law this much to get Trump, that same tactic could be used against Democrats who are running as challengers, etc..  Or by Republicans against Democrats.  So given that he is now an "outsider", he doesn't like seeing that.