Author Topic: Anti-Cop Group Sued By LAPD For Posting 9,300 Photos Of Officers With Bounties  (Read 185 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Anti-Cop Group Sued By LAPD For Posting 9,300 Photos Of Officers With Bounties
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, MAR 26, 2023 - 10:30 AM
Authored by Monica Showalter via AmericanThinker.com,

How's this for a new low in the annals of "defund the police" lunacy?

Three Los Angeles police officers are suing the owner of killercop.com, accusing him of publishing their photos on his website and putting out a “bounty” on them.

It is the first legal action stemming from the Los Angeles Police Department’s release of the names and photos of almost every sworn officer — more than 9,300 officers, including some who work undercover — as part of a public records request. A police watchdog group posted the images online last Friday.

Here is what the Los Angeles Times meant when it put those sarcastic quote marks on the word "bounty":

In a tweet mentioned in the lawsuit, Steven Sutcliffe, who posts under the handle @KillerCop1984, allegedly wrote, “Remember, #Rewards are double all year for #detectives and #female cops.” The tweet included an image of a monetary reward for killing an LAPD officer, the lawsuit says.

According to the suit, a later tweet allegedly included a link to a database of officer photos, along with the caption, “Clean head-shots on these #LAPD officers. A to Z.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/anti-cop-group-sued-lapd-posting-9300-photos-officers-bounties
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why isn't this considered a hate crime?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Steven Sutcliffe, who posts under the handle @KillerCop1984, allegedly wrote, “Remember, #Rewards are double all year for #detectives and #female cops.”

I'm sure that if a stray bullet or two were to find their way into Mr. Sutcliffe, that 9,300 officers (uniform and undercover) wouldn't find much reason to investigate the "crime"...