Author Topic: Why This MAGA Republican Is Now On Team Vivek  (Read 859 times)

Offline Kamaji

Why This MAGA Republican Is Now On Team Vivek
« on: March 26, 2023, 03:48:02 pm »
Why This MAGA Republican Is Now On Team Vivek

A former Trump partisan says, “I am still MAGA, but now I am on team Vivek.”

By Jim Nelles
March 25, 2023

When I voted for Donald Trump in 2016, I thought he had no chance of beating Hillary Clinton. When I voted for him again in 2020, I was sure he would. I was obviously wrong in both instances. Now, as I look to 2024, I am still MAGA, but now I am on team Vivek.

Vivek Ramaswamy is a self-made man. He personifies the American Dream and has the right vision for America. I recently had a conversation with Ramaswamy that was supposed to be centered on the U.S. supply chain. Unlike many people with whom I have discussed policy, Ramaswamy was prepared. He had done his research and asked insightful questions. I was taken with how personable he is and how he was actually interested when I showed him pictures of my children. Our one hour discussion went over the scheduled time and ended up covering a wide range of topics, on which he was extremely well versed.

But let’s examine his policy positions. Ramaswamy does not believe in victimhood. He wants Americans to be victors, not victims. He champions equality of opportunity over equality of outcomes which, he understands, only serves to tear down the best and brightest. Ramaswamy wants to repatriate our supply chain from China, wants our children to be able to speak freely at school without fear of repercussions, and most importantly, he truly believes in the American Dream.

In a bold move, and a show of unity within the Republican Party, Ramaswamy just called on all Republican candidates to denounce Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s planned arrest of former President Trump. Alvin Bragg, in a move reflective of Stalin’s head of the Soviet Secret Police, selected his man and then went looking for a crime . . . a “crime” that occurs in almost every campaign and is adjudicated with a fine, not a federal charge. Ramaswamy was the first candidate to say this is wrong. Ramaswamy does not believe in persecution through prosecution. He recognizes that the integrity of our constitutional republic is at risk if the ruling class can simply arrest its political opposition.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2023/03/25/why-this-maga-republican-is-now-on-team-vivek/

Offline mountaineer

Re: Why This MAGA Republican Is Now On Team Vivek
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 06:38:10 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 12:34:29 pm »
There is no way the xenophobes in the Trump base will ever vote for a guy with four syllables in his last name. "He's not a natural born citizen because his parents weren't born here!" the birthers will crow.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 12:57:44 pm »
There is no way the xenophobes in the Trump base will ever vote for a guy with four syllables in his last name. "He's not a natural born citizen because his parents weren't born here!" the birthers will crow.

@jmyrlefuller

IMO, if you would have omitted "...in the Trump base...", your post would be spot-on!

Xenophobia doesn't exist to any meaningful degree in the MAGA Crowd.

Furthermore Vivek Ramaswamy would be my choice should anything happen to Pres. Trump {{{sign-of-the-cross}}}   :0001:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 02:00:39 pm »

His parents need not be born here @jmyrlefuller they just need to have been citizens at the time of Vivek's birth. (Try to follow along) Nothing Xenophobic about that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 02:25:31 pm »
My problem with Vivek is he seems too polished, and his policy positions seem almost too "perfect" in terms of how they will appeal to the GOP base. I am still looking for some authenticity from the guy.

I don't dislike him but our views don't line up on a few issues. He comes across as practiced and polished instead of sincere.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 02:49:29 pm »
My problem with Vivek is he seems too polished, and his policy positions seem almost too "perfect" in terms of how they will appeal to the GOP base. I am still looking for some authenticity from the guy.

I don't dislike him but our views don't line up on a few issues. He comes across as practiced and polished instead of sincere.

I find that information on his earlier life is limited.  So what truly is his background?  Yes, he's spearheaded Strive which is a supposed anti-woke/ESG company.  I tried to look up information on a few running the company and there just isn't a whole lot of information.

This makes me very skeptical.  He reminds me of Obama who emerged from out of nowhere, served a senate term and voila he became president.

Is he truly who he says he is?? 

This country needs is a lot of conservative unknowns rising up and taking the reigns, but how can we be sure they are who they say they are?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 03:03:34 pm »
2011 Paul & Daisy Soros Fellow Vivek Ramaswamy, the child of immigrants from India, is the CEO and founder of Roivant Sciences. ...
(Emphisis added by me)

https://www.pdsoros.org/news-events/2020-03-18-paul-daisy-soros-fellow-vivek-ramaswamy-s-roivant-sciences-develops-clincical-stage-antibody-to-prevent-and-treat-acute-respiratory-distress-syndrome-ards-in-patients-with-covid-19

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2023, 03:10:44 pm »
Ramaswamy was born in 1985 in Cincinnati, Ohio, and raised there. His parents emigrated from Vadakkencherry, Palakkad, Kerala, India. His father graduated from the regional engineering college in Kerala and worked for General Electric as an engineer and patent attorney, while his mother graduated from Mysore Medical College and worked as a geriatric psychiatrist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivek_Ramaswamy

No mention of the parent's citizenship at the time of Vivek's birth.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2023, 03:54:50 pm »
Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy is suing the World Economic Forum, claiming the Swiss-based organization falsely portrayed him as one of its “young global leaders” and refused to take his name off its website for two years. ...

Ramaswamy, a former biotech entrepreneur who also co-founded Strive, an asset management firm, said he was “appalled” when he discovered that the WEF had listed him as a Young Global Leader in 2021 along with people like anti-racism activist and author Ibram X. Kendi.  ...

He said he expressly told the WEF he did not want to join them and told them not to use his name and likeness. But he said the WEF did so anyway and he hounded them for two years to delete him and his photo from the site. They finally took him off the site in January, but he remains on the list of 2021 Young Global Leaders in some articles on the WEF site.

Ramaswamy accuses the WEF in the lawsuit of both burnishing its image by having someone like him on board — and tarnishing his own brand and reputation in the process. ...
https://nypost.com/2023/04/19/dont-use-my-name-vivek-ramaswamy-tells-world-economic-forum/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2023, 04:00:58 pm »

He's setting up nicely for 2028. 

Online libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2023, 04:09:55 pm »
He's setting up nicely for 2028.

Hopefully not. He has ties to Soros. Neither of his parents were born here.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2023, 04:23:08 pm »
Vivek tells Glenn Beck he's not Soros' boy.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=737829571114081

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2023, 04:37:28 pm »
Vivek tells Glenn Beck he's not Soros' boy.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=737829571114081

What to believe?  I do know trying to find info on his earlier life is sketchy.  At this point there is too much unknown about him and I lean towards believing he is a Soros plant and is really for ESG and is a member of the WEF.

He has emerged on the political stage out of nowhere without any  political ties or experience.  What he's selling sounds good but some red flags are there.

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2023, 04:39:20 pm »
Hopefully not. He has ties to Soros.

Nope.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2023, 04:40:27 pm »
What to believe?  I do know trying to find info on his earlier life is sketchy.  At this point there is too much unknown about him and I lean towards believing he is a Soros plant and is really for ESG and is a member of the WEF.

He has emerged on the political stage out of nowhere without any  political ties or experience.  What he's selling sounds good but some red flags are there.

In this country of 330 odd million souls can we not find even one bonified NBC to run for president?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2023, 04:47:44 pm »
In this country of 330 odd million souls can we not find even one bonified NBC to run for president?

It is disheartening and Vivek has some explaining to do that is credible.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2023, 04:48:40 pm »

@Bigun   

We've long ago crossed over into the "American Idol" culture.

If Barack Obama had had a face like Patrick Ewing...wouldn't have mattered how sharp the crease in his pants.

Could a Golda Meier or Margaret Thatcher clone become a viable candidate today...in the current USA??   :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2023, 04:50:23 pm »

I share your frustration, always have @Bigun   But, I've come to accept that Republicans will pick and choose when to apply the NBC clause ---- maybe for the first viable black candidate, no for Ted Cruz against Donald Trump, yes for Vivek Ramaswamy against Ron Desantis in the future.

This is how Republicans roll.   :crying:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2023, 04:54:56 pm »
I share your frustration, always have @Bigun   But, I've come to accept that Republicans will pick and choose when to apply the NBC clause ---- maybe for the first viable black candidate, no for Ted Cruz against Donald Trump, yes for Vivek Ramaswamy against Ron Desantis in the future.

This is how Republicans roll.   :crying:

Yeah @Right_in_Virginia that's why I'm no longer a Republican. Just a down home Constitutionalist.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2023, 10:56:46 pm »
j myrle wrote:
"He's not a natural born citizen because his parents weren't born here!" the birthers will crow."

BZZZZZ!
I'm "a birther".
Mr. Ramaswamy isn't my candidate.

But one thing he has gone out of his way to clarify is that -- using the definition I (and I believe most "birthers") will accept as "natural born citizen" -- Ramaswamy was born on American soil, and both his parents were already naturalized American citizens at the time of his birth.

That satisfies "the requirement", as far as I'm concerned.
Is there any forum member reading this, for whom it doesn't?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2023, 11:01:38 pm »
j myrle wrote:
"He's not a natural born citizen because his parents weren't born here!" the birthers will crow."

BZZZZZ!
I'm "a birther".
Mr. Ramaswamy isn't my candidate.

But one thing he has gone out of his way to clarify is that -- using the definition I (and I believe most "birthers") will accept as "natural born citizen" -- Ramaswamy was born on American soil, and both his parents were already naturalized American citizens at the time of his birth.

That satisfies "the requirement", as far as I'm concerned.
Is there any forum member reading this, for whom it doesn't?

IF, and only if, his parents were already naturalized American citizens at the time of his birth I'm good with him as a candidate. @Fishrrman

- J. R. R. Tolkien