Author Topic: Many migrants who flooded into NYC are ‘on the edge of despair’ as they struggle to find work  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Many migrants who flooded into NYC are ‘on the edge of despair’ as they struggle to find work — and stability
New York Daily News
March 25, 2023

NEW YORK — Jesus O. was a skilled HVAC technician and business owner in Venezuela who thought his skills would easily secure him work when he came to New York last October amid a flood of migrants flowing into New York. But now, each day, he wanders the streets looking for work. “I have the experience. And I have the ability,” he said. “And there is this passion and desire to work. I’m just waiting for someone to let me work.” More than 45,000 migrants have come to New York City since last spring, straining the city’s shelter system and sparking conflict over policy and funding between New Yor...

Read More

https://www.rawstory.com/many-migrants-who-flooded-into-nyc-are-on-the-edge-of-despair-as-they-struggle-to-find-work-and-stability/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No probem for a good sanctuary city like NYC!  They'll provide the illegals with all they need for as long as they need. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson