Author Topic: Mayorkas slams 'callous' smugglers' 'profit' motive for latest tragedy at the border  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HOMELAND SECURITY Published March 25, 2023 2:05pm EDT

Mayorkas slams 'callous' smugglers' 'profit' motive for latest tragedy at the border

Mayorkas said the agency is 'heartbroken' at the deaths of two migrants in Texas
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

National Border Patrol Council president Brandon Judd says ‘more deaths’ will occur if the U.S. does not get the Southwest border ‘under control’ through policy changes.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Friday took aim at "callous" smugglers responsible for the deaths of two migrants in a rail car in Texas – accusing the smugglers of only caring about "making a profit."

"We are heartbroken to learn of yet another tragic incident of migrants taking the dangerous journey," the DHS chief said in a statement.

Uvalde Police Department said that approximately 15 people in need of medical attention had been found in the rail car, which had been stopped by Border Patrol two to three miles east of Knippa, Texas, after a 911 call warning of migrants suffocating. Two of those migrants died, five were air-lifted to San Antonio, and five were taken to nearby hospitals.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mayorkas-slams-callous-smugglers-profit-motive-latest-tragedy-border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Of course, caring, compassionate politicians who provide fuel for the smugglers by supporting open borders have nothing to do with it. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's like blaming people coming in your house at night and torturing your pets when you left the front door wide open, with a table full of food in the foyer and a giant flashing neon Welcome sign on the roof.

Worst part is 'Rats like Mydorkass think they're so clever recycling the same old shifty shuffle song and dance they've used since before I was born.
The Republic is lost.