Author Topic: Navy plans to increase climate spending nearly 40% in 2024  (Read 466 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy plans to increase climate spending nearly 40% in 2024
« on: March 26, 2023, 11:39:04 am »
Navy plans to increase climate spending nearly 40% in 2024
By CFACT Ed |March 26th, 2023|0 Comments
By Micaela Burrow:

The Navy wants Congress to fund an additional $397 million in climate change resiliency programs in 2024, including money for electric vehicles and solar microgrids, according to budget plans revealed Monday.

If Congress grants the funding, total Navy and Marine Corps spending on climate-related programs, such as energy, installation resiliency, disaster preparedness and research and development in fiscal year 2024 will top $1.47 billion compared to $1 billion in FY 2023, according to budget documents (p. 131). The Navy says the plan “increases climate change resiliency by 39%” and supports its objective in “strengthening maritime dominance in order to defend the nation,” documents show.

“It is a national security and warfighting imperative for the [Department of the Navy] to address the impact of climate change on readiness, operations, and the ability to fight and win,” the budget highlights document states.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/26/navy-plans-to-increase-climate-spending-nearly-40-in-2024/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=navy-plans-to-increase-climate-spending-nearly-40-in-2024&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=navy-plans-to-increase-climate-spending-nearly-40-in-2024
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 11:39:53 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy plans to increase climate spending nearly 40% in 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 11:40:33 am »
That is some expensive virtue signaling! :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 01:07:46 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 03:39:15 pm »
That public announcement pretty much means it is already in the bag,and they are seeking publik support for it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 05:03:03 pm »
Gee, Wally. Where do you put the sails on an Aircraft Carrier?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 09:31:46 pm »
Gee, Wally. Where do you put the sails on an Aircraft Carrier?
SAILS? You wish! Coming soon to the Navy, recruitment for oarsmen and tempo drummers.