Author Topic: “Last Chance Travel” (climate alarmism in a suitcase)  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Last Chance Travel” (climate alarmism in a suitcase)
« on: March 26, 2023, 11:11:28 am »
“Last Chance Travel” (climate alarmism in a suitcase)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- March 24, 2023

“Last chance travel …. From melting glaciers to unbearable summer heat, climate change will make some holiday destinations unrecognizable.”

The mentality of the doomsday crowd is something to behold. Why would one go zombie on the coming end of modern civilization rather than soberly examine the (failed) track record of alarmism and the (non-alarming) data of weather extremes, temperature, and climate-related deaths?

I am reminded of two authors of the 1972 Club of Rome study who were so confident of doomism (here):

Dennis and Donella Meadows retreated to a New Hampshire farm after completing the book “to learn about homesteading and wait for the coming collapse.” “We definitely felt like Cassandras,” Donella Meadows added, “especially as we watched the world react to our work.”

But maybe Kenneth Boulding got it right when he said:

https://www.masterresource.org/climate-exaggeration/climate-alarmists-last-chance-travel/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson