Author Topic: Larry Elder talks presidential run, fatherless epidemic, school choice and the '11th Commandment'  (Read 140 times)

Offline mountaineer

Another potential Republican presidential candidate heard from:
Larry Elder talks presidential run, fatherless epidemic, school choice and the '11th Commandment'
By Michael Gryboski
March 25, 2023
Christian Post

Conservative commentator Larry Elder is teasing a potential 2024 presidential run as he looks to capitalize on the attention he garnered as the leading Republican challenger in California Gov. Gavin Newsom's 2021 recall election.

Although Elder was unsuccessful in his efforts, the popularity of his gubernatorial campaign gave him national attention, especially in conservative and Republican circles.

Recently, Elder has hinted at possibly joining the field for the 2024 Republican nomination, which already includes former President Donald Trump, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy.

"I think Larry Elder brings a couple of things to the table that the others don't," Elder, 70, told The Christian Post in an interview on Friday as he attended the Black Conservative Summit in Chicago, Illinois.

"Most notably is an ability to refute effectively the lie that America is systemically racist. It is a lie that Democrats push because they want black people to think of themselves as victims. ... The second thing I think I bring to the table is the recognition that the No. 1 social problem facing the country is a large number of children in America who entered the world without a father in the home married to the mother." ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org