Author Topic: Biden vows US will ‘forcefully protect our people’ as Iranian-backed groups launch more attacks on U  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden vows US will ‘forcefully protect our people’ as Iranian-backed groups launch more attacks on US troops in Syria
By Michael Callahan, Oren Liebermann, Natasha Bertrand and Haley Britzky, CNN

President Joe Biden emphasized Friday afternoon that the US will “forcefully protect our people,” a day after approving retaliatory airstrikes in response to a drone attack by an Iranian-backed group in Syria that left one American dead and more injured.

But it seemed the president’s actions, and warnings from US officials, had not deterred the attacks, as shortly before he spoke, another American service member was injured in a separate strike in Syria.

“Make no mistake: the United States does not – does not – seek conflict with Iran. But be prepared for us to forcefully protect our people,” Biden had said during remarks in Canada on Friday afternoon, where he is on a two-day visit.

https://www.egyptindependent.com/biden-vows-us-will-forcefully-protect-our-people-as-iranian-backed-groups-launch-more-attacks-on-us-troops-in-syria/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :bsflag:  If Biden gave a damn at all, he would have gotten rid of Thoroughly Modern Millley! :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson