Author Topic: Climate change: Opposing wind farms morally unacceptable - expert  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate change: Opposing wind farms morally unacceptable - expert
Published
1 day ago

By Teleri Glyn Jones
BBC Wales environment correspondent
Communities opposed to wind turbines in their local area do not have an "acceptable moral position" according to a climate change expert.

Dozens of large-scale wind farm applications are being considered as Wales tries to reach net zero.

Campaigners say the ambition is putting the Welsh countryside at risk and south Wales already has several wind farms.

Lord Deben, the UK Climate Change Committee chairman, said the onus was on everyone to help reach the target.

"We can't all the time say we're in favour of things but somewhere else," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-65026300
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Climate change: Opposing wind farms morally unacceptable - expert
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 12:42:34 pm »
What's the deal?  Can't science sustain climate terrorism anymore so now they have to change to morality? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson