Author Topic: 'Parents Bill of Rights' wins zero votes from Dems who attack it as ‘fascism,’ ‘extreme’ attack on s  (Read 325 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 March 24, 2023 11:09am EDT
'Parents Bill of Rights' wins zero votes from Dems who attack it as ‘fascism,’ ‘extreme’ attack on schools
The bill is the GOP's response to growing anger about lack of access to school information across the nation

By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

The House voted to pass the Parents Bill of Rights Act Friday over objections from Democrats who argued the bill is aimed at promoting "fascism" and "extreme" views of Republicans by making it easier for parents to ban books and out LBGTQ+ students.

The GOP bill is a response to growing anger across the country about access to information on everything from school curricula to safety and mask policies to the prevalence of gender ideology and critical race theory in the classroom. Parents’ anger over these issues at school board meetings led to an effort by the Biden administration’s Justice Department to examine the "disturbing trend" of violent threats against school officials.

House Republicans reacted by approving the Parents Bill of Rights Act, which would require school districts to give parents access to curriculum and reading lists, and would require schools to inform parents if school staff begin encouraging or promoting their child’s gender transition.

The bill passed narrowly in a 213-208 vote that saw just a handful of Republicans vote against it, along with every Democrat.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/parents-bill-rights-wins-zero-votes-dems-attack-fascism-extreme-attack-schools
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

:facepalm2:

It is not fascism to guarantee parents a degree of access to information about, and control over, the education of their children.  In fact, just the opposite is true:  it is fascists who seek to mould children in their own political image who deny parents access to information about, and control over, the education of their children.

So the only people being fascists here are the democrats - which, of course, should not surprise anyone.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:01:03 pm by Kamaji »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'd like to take their "extreme" and "fascist" megaphone and shove it up their collective colentive.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't know if they'll ever get past their myopia, but the GOP could seriously augment themselves by latching and building on these cultural issues to land more majorities and taken action in states they don't control.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here are the Roll Call votes if you are interested in who the 5 Repubs are that voted against.

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2023161
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 05:19:33 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Here are the Roll Call votes if you are interested in who the 5 Repubs are that voted against.

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2023161

Gaetz?  WTF dude.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

:facepalm2:

It is not fascism to guarantee parents a degree of access to information about, and control over, the education of their children.  In fact, just the opposite is true:  it is fascists who seek to mould children in their own political image who deny parents access to information about, and control over, the education of their children.

So the only people being fascists here are the democrats - which, of course, should not surprise anyone.

A degree? Howabout every degree? The parental right should be foremost... Otherwise, agreed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
This is just one small part of Joe Biden rule that has to be better than anything Trump did, so why all the phony posturing by those that voted so crap like this would happen?  Defeating Trump went A LONG WAY TO MAKING CRAP LIKE THIS INEVITABLE!  TAKE A BOW, USEFUL FOOLS!  This is just a part of you getting your way.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions