Author Topic: Point of Sale Gun Control Is Good Because It Penalizes Whites, While Point of Use Gun Control Is Bad  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Point of Sale Gun Control Is Good Because It Penalizes Whites, While Point of Use Gun Control Is Bad Because It's Racist
STEVE SAILER • MARCH 24, 2023 • 900 WORDS • 11 COMMENTS • REPLY

One of the crazier aspects of 2020s America is that the left has come to agree with the NRA about the utility of carrying handguns, only the NRA thinks that more law-abiding citizens should carry legal guns, while progressives think more criminals should be allowed to carry illegal guns.

From The Marshall Project, a leftist organization named after Thurgood Marshall rather than John Marshall or George C. Marshall:

The War on Gun Violence Has Failed. And Black Men Are Paying the Price.
In Chicago and elsewhere, gun possession arrests are rising as shootings go unsolved.

By LAKEIDRA CHAVIS and GEOFF HING

FEATURE · FILED 03.23.2023 6:00 a.m.

In Chicago, the race to get guns off the street often begins with a police stop.

Officers just need a pretext to search someone: A man in a white Ford Sedan blocking an alleyway. A bulge in a fanny pack at the beach. A man breathing heavily in a black Chevrolet Malibu as police approached. The smell of “fresh cannabis” wafting from an open window. Tinted windows. A missing license plate. Police reports show that the list goes on.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/point-of-sale-gun-control-is-good-because-it-penalizes-whites-while-point-of-use-gun-control-is-bad-because-its-racist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are they suggesting black men can't find any other way to kill black men than with guns? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson