Author Topic: Trump to Hold Massive Rally in the Face of Bragg’s Potential Indictment  (Read 6495 times)

Offline Kamaji

I am wondering if it has EVER happened.

I did a quick google and came up with instances where it has happened.  E.g., on this quora thread:  https://www.quora.com/Will-states-extradite-for-a-misdemeanor

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I did a quick google and came up with instances where it has happened.  E.g., on this quora thread:  https://www.quora.com/Will-states-extradite-for-a-misdemeanor

Thanks...  Seems they are isolated to state line locations.  Throughout that thread I couldn't find one example of one going 7 states. 

Seems this would truly be precedent setting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thanks...  Seems they are isolated to state line locations.  Throughout that thread I couldn't find one example of one going 7 states. 

Seems this would truly be precedent setting.

@catfish1957

I would THINK that at one point or another an obviously political prosecution like this can backfire if the prosecution never makes an honest effort to bring it to trial,and end up turning up votes for the candidate they were trying to torpedo?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I would THINK that at one point or another an obviously political prosecution like this can backfire if the prosecution never makes an honest effort to bring it to trial,and end up turning up votes for the candidate they were trying to torpedo?

I think it would really consolidate and reenforce his base, but lets step back a moment, and think what would be the overall impact on the 2024 election if a mug shot of Trump existed.

I think it hurts him with moderate voters.  The general sheeple doesn't care about the details...   they just want soundbites and 10 second clips. All they will remember is Orange on Orange and a sneering Trump.

Roe v. Wade in 2022 was a good example, and how the dims exploited it
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:23:35 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
My understanding is that there are ways under NY law to make this a felony.  The lowest level possible, but still a felony.

Not that I don't think the entire thing is bogus and politically motivated, because it is.  And one thing that confirms that is the timing.  This case, the threatened case in Ga., etc. all could have been brought a year ago.  They weren't either because they didn't have merit, or the Democrat DA's were timing it to interfere with his campaign as much as possible, which is absolutely reprehensible.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:24:43 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia  ???? It is absurd for Trump to even say this when DeSantis hasn't even declared he's running!! "It's a time for choosing??? Seriously??? 

The Orange One is unhinged!

I'm reading your posts @libertybele and thinking Trump being "unhinged" isn't what you should be concerned about.

Offline Kamaji

@catfish1957

Always a risk, but Trump is currently doing his level best to make sure that doesn't happen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think it would really consolidate and reenforce his base, but lets step back a moment, and think what would be the overall impact on the 2024 election if a mug shot of Trump existed.

I think it hurts him with moderate voters.  The general sheeple doesn't care about the details...   they just want soundbites and 10 second clips. All they will remember is Orange on Orange and a sneering Trump.

Roe v. Wade in 2022 was a good example, and how the dims exploited it

@catfish1957

I guess it could go  either way,depending on who is reading about it and where they live.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I guess it could go  either way,depending on who is reading about it and where they live.

Yeah,  but Trump or any other GOP candiate needs purple states to become POTUS.

Whether he pulls 60% vs. 80% in Wyoming, Texas, Oklahoma means nothing.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Whether Trump is the victim of a blatantly political prosecution certainly will impact how I judge those prosecuting Trump, but it won't impact my view of Trump himself, or how I plan to vote.

Offline libertybele

I'm reading your posts @libertybele and thinking Trump being "unhinged" isn't what you should be concerned about.

*****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

@catfish1957

I'm not so sure about Texas.

I think Trump is going to lose Georgia, Arizona, and North Carolina.

Along with Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania again.

So yes he will lose the purple states. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline libertybele

@catfish1957

I'm not so sure about Texas.

Along with Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania again.

So yes he will lose the purple states.

Agreed and IMO if he keeps attacking DeSantis he may lose Florida as well.  Consider that DeSantis won counties in the mid-terms that no other governor has won in a very, very long time.  Mostly poor and Latino areas.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

Agreed and IMO if he keeps attacking DeSantis he may lose Florida as well.  Consider that DeSantis won counties in the mid-terms that no other governor has won in a very, very long time.  Mostly poor and Latino areas.

Agreed.. In reality, he has no path to victory in the General Election.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Kamaji

Apparently, the rally-attendees weren't so hot on Trump attacking DeSantis.

Read the crowd, Don: Trump Waco rally crowd goes QUIET as he mocks Ron DeSantis.

Offline libertybele

Agreed.. In reality, he has no path to victory in the General Election.

No path to victory in the General Election is a very distinct possibility.  Also, what's to prevent another election from being stolen??

Online cato potatoe

No path to victory in the General Election is a very distinct possibility.  Also, what's to prevent another election from being stolen??

Fraud exists, but is overrated.  It mainly serves as a ready-made excuse for Trump supporters who do not want to take ownership in their decision.  I see most of them repeating some version of "it won't matter who is nominated because ... "  Republicans simply have to adapt to 21st century voting habits, and maximize the early vote, as DeSantis did in Florida.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 08:09:29 pm by cato potatoe »

Online LMAO

Fraud exists, but is overrated.  It mainly serves as a ready-made excuse for Trump supporters who do not want to take ownership in their decision.  I see most of them repeating some version of "it won't matter who is nominated because ... "  Republicans simply have to adapt to 21st century voting habits, and maximize the early vote, as DeSantis did in Florida.

And I’ve never heard a good explanation as to why Republicans did much better in downticket races than anticipated in 2020 if the race was a complete robbery
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

And I’ve never heard a good explanation as to why Republicans did much better in downticket races than anticipated in 2020 if the race was a complete robbery

There are so many people out there who just hated Trump.   I supported Trump in both 2016 and 2020, had friends/relatives who weren't flaming lefties, and they were absolutely closed to the idea of voting for him.  And not because of how he portrayed in the media - it was because the stuff that came out of his own mouth.  Especially women.  Those voters are never coming back to him, ever.

Online cato potatoe

I was a little surprised he held onto North Carolina last time, albeit barely.  Biden smoked him in the urban areas.  Dems have won them lately, but this time it wasn't even close.  For the same reasons, Texas is more of a problem than people realize.

Offline kevindavis007

I was a little surprised he held onto North Carolina last time, albeit barely.  Biden smoked him in the urban areas.  Dems have won them lately, but this time it wasn't even close.  For the same reasons, Texas is more of a problem than people realize.

Same here I see two scenarios:

1. Trump is on the top ticket with Cruz running for reelection which is going to be an issue for Cruz. Cruz can lose. Hell in 2018 he almost lost to Beto.

2. DeSantis or someone else on the top ticket Cruz will win, but not a blowout.

Texas is NOT a safe red state anymore.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@cato potatoe

Regardless of who  you are or what party you represent, it's hard to beat offers/promises of "free money if you vote for me!",and that is what the cities have to offer these days.

Truthfully,did ANY of you expect to see state and city governments like we now have in places like Oregon,California,and Washington state?

Like all of you,I have seen photos and read news stories from all of them,and still have a hard time believing it is true.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish wrote:
"Yeah,  but Trump or any other GOP candiate needs purple states to become POTUS.
Whether he pulls 60% vs. 80% in Wyoming, Texas, Oklahoma means nothing"

I've explained why numerous times in the forum, but no one ever seems to respond, even to tell me I'm full of it.

Latest example:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,494778.msg2801086.html#msg2801086

Online berdie

Same here I see two scenarios:

1. Trump is on the top ticket with Cruz running for reelection which is going to be an issue for Cruz. Cruz can lose. Hell in 2018 he almost lost to Beto.

2. DeSantis or someone else on the top ticket Cruz will win, but not a blowout.

Texas is NOT a safe red state anymore.

No we are not safe.

But imho, Cruz's near loss was due to an influx of Dems, an influx of out of state money for Beto...and the crap that Trump threw at him. Yes, I hold him responsible to a degree.

Offline kevindavis007