Author Topic: A-10s Headed to CENTCOM to Bolster Air Force Presence  (Read 81 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A-10s Headed to CENTCOM to Bolster Air Force Presence
« on: March 24, 2023, 02:28:53 pm »
A-10s Headed to CENTCOM to Bolster Air Force Presence
March 23, 2023 | By Chris Gordon

As the Air Force’s broader focus shifts to the Pacific and Europe, the U.S. military will rely on aging close air support aircraft to meet the needs of its forces in the Middle East, according to U.S. officials.

A-10 Thunderbolt IIs plan to deploy to the region in April, a U.S. official told Air & Space Forces Magazine. The top commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East confirmed the deployment in testimony to the House Armed Services Committee on March 23.

“I have a requirement for additional air assets,” Gen. Michael “Erik” Kurilla, the head of U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM), said in testimony to the HASC, adding that A-10s “have been approved to come to CENTCOM.”

The Warthogs will make up a deployed force of manned aircraft that consists of F-15E Strike Eagles and F-16 Fighting Falcons.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/a-10s-centcom-bolster-air-force-presence/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A-10s Headed to CENTCOM to Bolster Air Force Presence
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 02:30:55 pm »
Are they planning to use them as Kamakazes?  Why, these old, outdated relics of a bygone era are of no value to the AF anymore, so that must be the plan. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson