Author Topic: Symbolism and Meaning of Nose Rings Explained -enjoyed the article and hope you do too  (Read 1174 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

SYMBOLSAGE
Dani Rhys

Among the oldest types of jewelry in the world, nose rings are common accessories worn by women across the globe. While in the West, the trend of wearing nose rings is somewhat new, in other parts of the world, the practice of wearing nose rings dates back hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

Unlike most other types of jewelry, nose rings can be viewed symbolically. They hold varying meanings, depending on culture and region. Even in the West, nose rings have represented many things – from counter culturalism, rebellion, and anti-conservatism to simply just a fashion accessory.

Intrigued? Here’s a closer exploration of the symbolism and meaning of nose rings around the world.

(more)
https://symbolsage.com/symbolism-of-nose-rings/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

Let’s begin by dispelling a myth. The term nose ring is somewhat misleading, because there are many types of nose jewelry and not just rings. The following image shows nine types of nose jewelry. While these are colloquially called ‘nose rings’, they each have their own name.

Offline Kamaji

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yes, me too. I always thought nose ring meant slavery or submission. The author may not be telling the 'entire' truth.
BTW, cannot imagine how uncomfortable that would be. What do they do in hay fever season, or cold and flu?
Don't even what to think about it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

Yes, me too. I always thought nose ring meant slavery or submission. The author may not be telling the 'entire' truth.
BTW, cannot imagine how uncomfortable that would be. What do they do in hay fever season, or cold and flu?

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

I agree, nose rings are gross and disgusting.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nose rings are for cattle, not women.

And any female wearing such an "adornment" -- will be regarded as little more than bovine by me.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline roamer_1

Not much of a thing up in here... It's a frozen booger catcher... And that is not considered attractive.  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I agree, nose rings are gross and disgusting.
I have a sensitive itchy nose. Have to take care of it several times a day. A nose ring would be torture for me.
Any female who showed up to a work interview with one of those would not make it. Same with weird colored hair.
These are Red Flags that she is going to be nothing but a pain in my ass. Why would I go looking for trouble?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It means and  always has meant that you are a domestic animal,and need a nose ring so your owner can tie you  to a post or tree to keep you from wandering away.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 12:01:28 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Tongue rings give a rise to the prize.  Spit or swallow is up to the giver.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Tongue rings give a rise to the prize.  Spit or swallow is up to the giver.

How about a nose to tongue piercing?  Sort of like a variation on the nose to ear piercings some Indian women have.

Offline roamer_1

[...] the nose to ear piercings some Indian women have.

Hey! What a great place to clip your car keys!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Hey! What a great place to clip your car keys!

Hells yeah. Never misplace your glasses. Or go hands free with your cell phone while driving.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hells yeah. Never misplace your glasses. Or go hands free with your cell phone while driving.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

:silly: :beer:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I miss the days of hand free cell service. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not much of a thing up in here... It's a frozen booger catcher... And that is not considered attractive.  :shrug: :whistle:
Yep. Imagine a booger hanger on a -30 day. Bad enough when your mustache freezes to your beard (just condensation from your breath, not snot), I can't imagine having a piece of ice cold metal acting as a condensation point...

More often than not it is just a distraction/detraction from a face I'd see as anywhere from acceptably pleasant to downright pretty (wommenfolk) without it. For guys, I can only think what that would be in a fight...just like the whole earring thing.

To each their own, though, so long as it isn't MY face they're poking holes in.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 03:12:36 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yep. Imagine a booger hanger on a -30 day. Bad enough when your mustache freezes to your beard (just condensation from your breath, not snot), I can't imagine having a piece of ice cold metal acting as a condensation point...

More often than not it is just a distraction/detraction from a face I'd see as anywhere from acceptably pleasant to downright pretty (wommenfolk) without it.

To each their own, though, so long as it isn't MY face they're poking holes in.

YEP. Not gonna be me or mine, as I learned long ago that handles are to be discouraged in fights.

happy77 :beer: