Author Topic: Jurors in upcoming Trump sex assault trial to remain anonymous  (Read 408 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jurors in upcoming Trump sex assault trial to remain anonymous
By Ben Feuerherd   
March 23, 2023 1:36pm

The jury that will weigh allegations that former President Donald Trump sexually assaulted writer E. Jean Carroll at trial next month in Manhattan will remain anonymous through the duration of the case, a federal judge ruled Thursday.

Judge Lewis Kaplan found that if the identities of the jurors were publicly known, they’d likely face intense media scrutiny as well as harassment and threats by supporters of Trump, 76.

“Indeed, Mr. Trump himself has made critical statements on social media regarding the grand jury foreperson in Atlanta, Georgia, and the jury foreperson in the Roger Stone criminal case,” he wrote.

Kaplan issued the order in response to two news organizations that had requested the jurors’ names be made publicly available for the Manhattan federal trial that’s scheduled to begin on April 25.

His ruling added: “This properly may be viewed in the context of Mr. Trump’s many statements regarding individual judges, the judiciary in general, and other public officials, as well as what reports have characterized as ‘violent rhetoric’ by Mr. Trump including before his presidency.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/03/23/jurors-in-upcoming-trump-sex-assault-trial-to-remain-anonymous/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Jurors in upcoming Trump sex assault trial to remain anonymous
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 07:13:30 pm »
Judge gives Trump anonymous jury in defamation trial, citing potential harassment

Washington Examiner
Kaelan Deese

A U.S. district judge in Manhattan ordered an anonymous jury for rape accuser E. Jean Carroll's defamation trial against former President Donald Trump, citing the risk of jury harassment and Trump's reaction to the possibility of being indicted in a separate case.

U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan said details such as the names, places of employment, and addresses of jurors in the trial slated for April 25 would be shielded from public record, adding that the members would be transported in a group to and from the courthouse.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/judge-gives-trump-anonymous-jury-in-defamation-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 07:25:27 pm »
The Jurors should be anonymous, so he ruled correctly in the end, but the stuff about protecting them from Trump is 100% bullshit.  The Left, however, is famous for their intimidation of Jurors.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 08:30:47 pm »
The Jurors should be anonymous, so he ruled correctly in the end, but the stuff about protecting them from Trump is 100% bullshit.  The Left, however, is famous for their intimidation of Jurors.

:thumbsup:

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 10:48:55 pm »

Right. Why couldn't he just say "to protect the jurors" and leave it at that? The judge doesn't know, or doesn't want to know, the left wing intimidation of jurors and witnesses for the defense in the Chauvin trial

About this case, none of knows if this woman's claim is legit or not but I suspect her lawyers will play that tape were he's talking about grabbing women by the genitalia

Trump could lose this one.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 10:49:43 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 05:18:27 pm »
Ya think??????

Regardess of how they vote,chances are they will end up receiving death threats. Some may  even lose their jobs due to loons going to their work places to harrass them,or even destroy property.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 05:20:25 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

We ALL know that someone from or connected to the DA's office is going to release their names and addresses when  they lose the case.

And the DA will investigate those leaks for at least 15 seconds,10 of which will be spent laughing with  glee.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 07:51:57 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

We ALL know that someone from or connected to the DA's office is going to release their names and addresses when  they lose the case.

And the DA will investigate those leaks for at least 15 seconds,10 of which will be spent laughing with  glee.

@sneakypete

Ayup!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: