Author Topic: MCCONVILLE: ARMY MOVING QUICKLY ON MODERNIZATION  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MCCONVILLE: ARMY MOVING QUICKLY ON MODERNIZATION
« on: March 23, 2023, 04:20:41 pm »
MCCONVILLE: ARMY MOVING QUICKLY ON MODERNIZATION
Soldier training with IVAS
Photo by: U.S. Army/Courtney Bacon
Wed, 03/22/2023 - 07:00
The Army’s new approach to acquiring the systems it needs to modernize is “pretty quick” compared to the cumbersome, yearslong process of the past, said Army Chief of Staff Gen. James McConville.

With 34 major modernization systems coming to bear as part of the Army’s transformation through 2040, of which 24 systems are on track to be fielded or in prototype “in the hands of soldiers” this year, the Army has been able to streamline its process by having industry present ideas on paper first, McConville said.

“It’s a lot easier to do things on PowerPoint and paper than actually build this stuff,” McConville said March 21 during an event hosted by the Brookings Institution.

https://www.ausa.org/news/mcconville-army-moving-quickly-modernization
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: MCCONVILLE: ARMY MOVING QUICKLY ON MODERNIZATION
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 04:21:18 pm »
Moving quickly in comparison to what? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson