Author Topic: McConnell Facing Early Retirement After Severe Concussion From Fall  (Read 319 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

McConnell Facing Early Retirement After Severe Concussion From Fall
Jon Dougherty March 22, 2023

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell may be on the verge of early retirement following a fall this month that left him with a severe concussion and potential serious brain damage, according to a Tuesday report.

“The Republican bigshot, 81, banged his brain in a terrible March 9 tumble at Washington D.C.’s Waldorf Astoria hotel — nearly four years after another serious fall forced him to have shoulder surgery,” RadarOnline reported.

After the recent fall, McConnell was admitted to the hospital where he spent six days receiving treatment. Following his discharge, he was transferred to an inpatient rehabilitation facility to receive care for a brain injury. One medical expert told the outlet that can cause “loss of consciousness, convulsions, seizures, loss of coordination, slurred speech, agitation, and confusion.”

Sources reportedly told the outlet that McConnell has experienced other medical emergencies in the past, to go along with his childhood encounter with polio. That includes a triple bypass operation in 2003.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/report-mitch-71833/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: McConnell Facing Early Retirement After Severe Concussion From Fall
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 03:20:09 pm »
I give no quarter to those in leadership positions. While I personally may wish McConnell no ill will, it looks like he's no longer able to fulfill his duties as Minority Leader, and it's time to step down.

You were elected to do a job, step up or step off.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 03:23:14 pm »
I give no quarter to those in leadership positions. While I personally may wish McConnell no ill will, it looks like he's no longer able to fulfill his duties as Minority Leader, and it's time to step down.

At what point does this apply to Biden? Are we there yet?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 03:24:36 pm »
"Early" retirement?  Much-too-late retirement, if you ask me.
Let it burn.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 03:28:39 pm »

We are, but I'm hoping they the Rat bast***s will do it via the 25th, and that the House majority will keep up the investigative pressure.
The Republic is lost.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 03:29:14 pm »

You're not wrong ... but I think McConnell probably should step aside immediately after John Fetterman does.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 03:40:25 pm »

And Fetterman

And Feinstein. How long was she there while other senators knew that she was cognitively declining?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 03:40:35 pm »
If 81 is "early retirement", then what is "late retirement"? 120?
I retired at 50. According to the geriatric old folks home which is Washington D.C., I retired as young pup halfway through my career.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2023, 09:36:35 am »
And Fetterman

And Feinstein. How long was she there while other senators knew that she was cognitively declining?
Quentin Burdick was another. (Senator, D-ND) who was unable to carry on a conversation on the plane with a lady I know, but was  propped up for reelection by his staffers who ran file tapes and used older images in his ads, and eventually died in office after being reelected.
That was my first real insight into the 'deep state' of staff and bureaucrats really running that show up there.
We have all Republicans in the Congress, now.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:37:42 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis