Author Topic: Dem-led Colorado city BANS new gas stations in bid to tackle climate change: Now limited to six in t  (Read 251 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Dem-led Colorado city BANS new gas stations in bid to tackle climate change: Now limited to six in town of 21,000 people

Louisville, Colorado has voted to ban gas stations to fight climate change

City council members will cap its 21,000 residents to just six stations

One legislator who voted said they felt an 'obligation' to fight global warming

By WILL POTTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 02:13 EDT, 22 March 2023 | UPDATED: 04:15 EDT, 22 March 2023

The blue-run city of Louisville, Colorado will ban all new gas stations as local lawmakers say they feel an 'obligation' to fight climate change.

City councilors in the town of 21,000 approved a proposal Tuesday evening to cap the number of gas stations for their constituents to just six.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11888771/Dem-led-Colorado-city-bans-building-new-gas-stations-bid-tackle-climate-change.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I tell ya, there's something in the water along the Front Range (Louisville is just down the road from Boulder). **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

One wonders what will happen to gas prices ....

Online LMAO

The citizen’s voted for these people. It’s one thing if the citizens of this city voted for these people without any idea they would do something like this. But these are leftists

And you wanna bet that everybody who voted for this nonsense will get reelected? All while the voters complain about not being able to get fuel?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy