Author Topic: Is there honor among thieves?  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is there honor among thieves?
« on: March 22, 2023, 02:56:36 pm »
March 22, 2023
Is there honor among thieves?
By Bill Hansmann

I have recently become aware of IRS Publication 525, which states, in part, that U.S. residents are required by law to declare the value of any stolen property to the IRS and declare it as income for tax purposes. The fair market value (FMV) of any such stolen property must be reported as income in the year it was stolen unless it is returned to the victim of the theft before the year’s end. Failure to do so will result in interest and penalty charges owed to the federal government, or even tax-evasion charges and possible prison sentences.

Now the addition of those extra 87 thousand IRS agents requested by the Biden administration is beginning to make sense. Deploying an army of agents greater in number than Hitler’s Gestapo or the former East German Stasi, it seems likely that President Biden is preparing to launch a huge anti-crime campaign which will declare that if you’re going to steal, you will, by God, pay taxes on the fruits of your criminal enterprises.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/is_there_honor_among_thieves.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Is there honor among thieves?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 02:59:29 pm »
Honor among thieves?

I figured this thread was about our government.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 06:54:44 am »
Honor among thieves?

In a way, it is. Note that if we trade my gadget for your widget, even up, that's considered "barter" and income.

Neither of us has gained, in that we valued the things we traded equally (set by the terms of the deal), and our wealth has not increased.

If I trade $2000 in fun tickets for a 1 ounce gold Buffalo coin (face value $50) can I claim a $1950 dollar loss on the deal?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 08:43:05 am »
Honor among thieves?

I will trust thieves long before any government.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 08:59:02 am »
In a way, it is. Note that if we trade my gadget for your widget, even up, that's considered "barter" and income.

Neither of us has gained, in that we valued the things we traded equally (set by the terms of the deal), and our wealth has not increased.

If I trade $2000 in fun tickets for a 1 ounce gold Buffalo coin (face value $50) can I claim a $1950 dollar loss on the deal?

:facepalm2:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 01:18:02 pm »

lol...

I can tell you one thing.  We overpaid a particular aspect of our taxes in tax year 2019, in abundance of caution, because it was a matter that I could have interpreted either way.  We just got our what I think is our 4th rolling (we'll get back with you in 90 day) letters that the post COVID decision is under review.

Wonder what would happen to me if kept postponing decisions 2 years on whether I wanted to pay or not. /s  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.