Author Topic: Fact Check: Did Republicans Call for Cutting 2,000 Border Patrol Agents?  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fact Check: Did Republicans Call for Cutting 2,000 Border Patrol Agents?
BY ALEKS PHILLIPS ON 3/21/23 AT 10:53 AM EDT

Republican lawmakers who are part of the party's conservative House Freedom Caucus outlined a budget proposal on March 10 that seeks to cut current government spending and cap future expenditure.

The Biden administration then went on the offensive on Monday, laying into the plan as being "a disaster for families in at least five key ways," including "endangering public safety" and "weakening national security."

The preemptive attack comes ahead of discussions between the White House and the Republican House majority about the 2024 budget in which President Joe Biden will likely look to protect the funding he secured for key planks of his agenda in the last legislative session.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-republicans-call-cutting-border-patrol-agents-1789250?piano_t=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson