Author Topic: Border Patrol agents encounter 1 million illegal migrants so far in FY 23  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BORDER SECURITY Published March 21, 2023 5:19pm EDT
Border Patrol agents encounter 1 million illegal migrants so far in FY 23
The administration has pointed to a recent decrease in encounters
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw | Fox News
 m

Border Patrol says number of Chinese nationals entering US has spiked almost 1,000%
Fox News correspondent Griff Jenkins has the latest on a large increase of Chinese nationals crossing the southern border on 'Jesse Watters Primetime.'

Border Patrol agents at the besieged southern border have now encountered more than one million illegal migrants so far since the beginning of the fiscal year in October, the head of a key sector announced this week

Rio Grande Valley Sector Chief Gloria Chavez announced on Monday that agents had reached a million migrant encounters overnight.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a whole had reached the one million mark last month, but the Border Patrol numbers refer to those encountered entering between ports of entry.

It marks the latest milestone in an enormous migrant crisis which has engulfed the border for over two years. There were just 400,000 Border Patrol encounters in FY 2020, which then shot up to 1.6 million in FY 21 and 2.2 million in FY 22.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-patrol-agents-encountered-1-million-encounters-illegal-migrants-so-far-fy-23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson