Author Topic: Mexican man pleads guilty to smuggling migrants after crashing SUV in California, leaving 13 dead  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexican man pleads guilty to smuggling migrants after crashing SUV in California, leaving 13 dead
The vehicle was driven into CA through a breach cut into the Mexico-US boundary fence

A Mexican man pleaded guilty Tuesday to coordinating a smuggling effort that left 13 people dead when their overloaded SUV was struck by a big-rig after crossing the border into California two years ago.

Jose Cruz Noguez, 49, of Mexicali, entered pleas in federal court to a charge of conspiracy to bring in undocumented migrants and three counts of bringing in undocumented migrants for financial gain, the U.S. attorney's office said in a statement. He faces at least 15 years in prison when he is sentenced in June.

Prosecutors said Cruz organized a smuggling run on March 2, 2021, in which dozens of people were crammed into two modified sport utility vehicles that were driven into the United States through a breach cut in the international boundary fence.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mexican-man-pleads-guilty-smuggling-migrants-crashing-suv-california-leaving-13-dead
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson