Author Topic: Is half information disinformation?  (Read 444 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is half information disinformation?
« on: March 22, 2023, 12:15:16 pm »
Is half information disinformation?

By Joe Bastardi |March 20th, 2023|

The Media ( in this case the WAPO) is at it again. There is no natural event they will not blame climate change for.  The latest one to question and expose their  ignorance to the other side of the story or purposeful hiding of it  is with their claim that your allergies are getting worse because of Climate Change

Springs are supposedly warmer and earlier. They used the eastern non-winter this year as proof, amazingly unaware that March would turn this cold and another late spring the way March and April are evolving for the country. We have been showing this on Weatherbell since February as the combination of the major stratospheric warming event and a shift in  the MJO forcing would mean colder-than-average weather for much of the nation well into April

So because I want both sides of the story,  I am going to include a google search link on this matter

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=you+can+blame+climate+change+for+making+your+spring+allergies+worse&ia=web

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/20/is-half-information-disinformation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Is half information disinformation?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 12:20:14 pm »
Spring? Sixteen above zero out this morning, with about two feet of snow pack in the fields.

Definitely not warmer than ever, though not as cold as the early 80s.

But hurry up and panic before people figure this is all just a gambit to control everything.

(Remember when the 'bad guy' in the movie/cartoon was out to control the world?
It isn't just a show any more...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 12:38:23 pm »
The problem is most people don't get much beyond their nose. Which means I can spin all sorts of stuff about what's going on in the rest of the world and you will most likely buy it rather than verify it. The facts are there, but the PR agenda keeps people in the dark.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 04:35:14 pm »
A half-truth is a whole lie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 08:13:23 pm »
In answer to the title question:  Only if it's the half that calls into question the narrative that the Left or the professional managerial class is trying to foist on the public.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 08:17:23 pm »
A half-truth is a whole lie.

But what does that have to do with the notion of disinformation?   
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 09:07:27 pm »
But what does that have to do with the notion of disinformation?

Half Information is disinformation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 05:04:52 pm »
Half Information is disinformation.

Not as the term is used by our elites.  See my original post to the thread.